How To Get Radiant To Work.

Of all my years on JKA, there's ONE thing I was never able to figure out. Radiant. What I wanna use it for is to make personal use versions of certain maps WITHOUT the vehicles in parts of it (Say there's a shuttle/x-wing in a hangar, but I don't want it there.) If I wanted to do that, how exactly can I do that and what are the basics of getting used to using Radiant? I've tackled other basic variations of modding so far, and it never hurts to learn more.

Of all my years on JKA, there's ONE thing I was never able to figure out. Radiant. What I wanna use it for is to make personal use versions of certain maps WITHOUT the vehicles in parts of it (Say there's a shuttle/x-wing in a hangar, but I don't want it there.) If I wanted to do that, how exactly can I do that and what are the basics of getting used to using Radiant? I've tackled other basic variations of modding so far, and it never hurts to learn more.

Except for some failed attempts to get it work on my more modern PC, it's been years since I used Radiant, so I can't guarantee a 100% perfect answer.

So, if you want to remove vehicles, you have to remove the blocks that represent the vehicles (the blocks are like visual stand-ins for the models you see in the game; they are usually red and for both NPCs and vehicles). Try to locate the vehicle, select it and remove it. I think you have to use either STRG + Left Mouse Button or Toggle + Left Mouse Button (or was it the right button?) to select something. Once you've selected the vehicle you want to remove, press backspace.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Except for some failed attempts to get it work on my more modern PC, it's been years since I used Radiant, so I can't guarantee a 100% perfect answer.

So, if you want to remove vehicles, you have to remove the blocks (which are, in the editor, visual stand-ins for the models you see in the game; they are usually red). Try to locate the vehicle, select it and remove it. I think you have to use either STRG + Left Mouse Button or Toggle + Left Mouse Button.

One such example of that I wanted to do for the LONGEST TIME was remove the Lamda Shuttle from Atlantica. I ALWAYS got annoyed whenever that ship came in when I did a slowly encroaching on the elevator scene in my machinimas. I had a great streak and then boom, it comes in via the script it's using and ruins the shot cause chronologically in said machinimas, the Lamda wasn't even MADE YET.

is it a .ibi script? If so just remove that from the pk3. No mapping involved. You'll probably just get an error in the console when it tries to use it.

Except I also want to remove the shuttle altogether for the reason I mentioned above. Though funny thing, in the past I removed Atlantica's scripts and it stopped entering and leaving the map. So on the entering and leaving map part, yes it was an IBI script that made it move.

To further answer your question though for future reference... The maps cant be edited through GTK unless you have the source material. I believe the maps are .bsp which are compiled and GTK opens .map ... You would essentially need to turn the hamburger back into the cow first.

I'm out at a party for the night and can't check my pk3s but it's in there somewhere. Try looking in map_objects/whatever map you're trying to adjust. If not there then look in the vehicles folder. Seek and you shall find dude =)

Indeed, cause I found the shuttle.md3 in not vehicles, but imp_mine. O_O Seriously.

If the X-Wings don't move in the map, chances are that they were placed as misc_models. If that's the case you can not remove them with @@ChalklYne method, because misc_model is baked into the .bsp geometry on compile. You can only replace the models for misc_model_statics which are entities that tell the game to place a model in a specific spot in runtime.

ChalklYne and TheWhitePhoenix like this