Jk2 Models In Jka

I have a problem with Jedi outcast models+animations in Jedi Academy, the lightsaber hilt isn't visible.

I checked the Models in Modview and they have the *r_hand tag, which is necessary to bolt the hilt to the hand in Jedi Academy,

so it must be another model tag. 

Does anybody know why the hilt doesn't show?

Would have to see a complete hierarchy of the model to be sure. JO models only work to an extent since they do not have the proper name for the tag that controls the left hand for dual sabers but the right hand should work and both should be visible no matter what. The saber for things like the dual saber kata wont work cause the left saber wont leave the hand.

Stock Jedi Outcast humanoid models and Single Player. Also it affects both sabers and other weapons, they fire from the stomach area and the weapon itself doesn't show.

I know this problem, but I don't recall what the cause was.

What are you testing with? Single or Multiplayer? Iirc this only occurs in Singleplayer.

I just want to narrow this down to see if it's what I have in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

The hilt is missing, i know about the blade issue.

as in, it's that tri-colored corner-shaped thingy or is the hilt outright invisible?

also, what's that tri-colored corner-shaped thingy called by the community anyway? it's supposed to be a missing model or missing texture or something, right?

as in, it's that tri-colored corner-shaped thingy or is the hilt outright invisible?

also, what's that tri-colored corner-shaped thingy called by the community anyway? it's supposed to be a missing model or missing texture or something, right?

It indicates a bad/faulty model, you could call it a 3-Axis Gizmo.

the_raven likes this