BLASTER: Bryar Blaster Pistol

Seeing that we need a PBR version of the bryar I was wondering what you thought of the most recent rendition of the bryar pistol (large image)

I'm not exactly a fan of thas version, I also don't like the way it looks in JKO/A since it's absolutely disproportional and lacks important features, like the magazine seen on this old dark forces sprite.
294106-bryar.jpg

I'd suggest taking the proportions from the abttlefront model, front appeareance from the JKO model and details for the back from the old sprite images.

Any Objections @@DT85?

I'm a fan of the classic DF2 version - the old DFmod team seems to have nailed the design pretty well in my opinion, at least for the barrel:

cfa256af4ed61545d3d36cb9431dca71.jpg

Kyletarantino.png

The barrel of the Battlefront version is a bit too slim in my opinion, as opposed to being a bit more "beefed" up in the DF2 cutscenes.

SomaZ likes this

I think I read somewhere that Kyle uses a modified bryar blaster. I'm wanting to keep as close to what we see in the cutscenes as possible, so just use them as reference.

Yeah, I was going to watch one of those awkward Cutscene movies on youtube and screenshot every clip that shows the Bryar. A google search did not deliver too many good reference pictures. Mostly toy adaptions or fan built props, that do not match what the blaster looks like on the pic Ramikad posted.

The nastolgia factor is great for the old cutscenes but redoing them would almost equal the work on the core game itself. It'd be nice to have them done in CGI or use like the Unreal movie thingie like the JK2 movie did to get a higher quality result. GLA animation isn't that awesome to use when looking at things up close and detailed.

The nastolgia factor is great for the old cutscenes but redoing them would almost equal the work on the core game itself. It'd be nice to have them done in CGI or use like the Unreal movie thingie like the JK2 movie did to get a higher quality result. GLA animation isn't that awesome to use when looking at things up close and detailed.

The legacy GLA bone jitter can now be eliminiated by recompiling the XSI animations with Carcass v2.2.

DT85 likes this

Just an FYI - I've implemented Ghoul2 viewmodels so when you're done, send it over to me for rigging.

@@Psyk0Sith

Regarding Kyle. Do you think for now you could just make high quality viewmodel arms, all the way up to the shoulder? Any neutral pose you choose will do as we're not using the player model GLA for viewmodels.

I already have a plan to get realistic facial animation. It's just implementing a full set of facial bones, animating the talking in Max/XSI, compiling it as a cinematic GLA, then playing the talking animation & voice file at the same time via ICARUS.

Just an FYI - I've implemented Ghoul2 viewmodels so when you're done, send it over to me for rigging.

@@Psyk0Sith

Regarding Kyle. Do you think for now you could just make high quality viewmodel arms, all the way up to the shoulder? Any neutral pose you choose will do as we're not using the player model GLA for viewmodels.

I'll see what i can do, what's the target budget for mesh and textures?

I'll see what i can do, what's the target budget for mesh and textures?

I'd say 2,000 tris max total for both arm meshes, and 2-3,000 max for the weapon itself? Open to any thoughts here.

@@Archangel35757

The only trueview I'm interested in is 2.0, where it shows the viewmodel & the lower half of the player.