BLASTER: Bryar Blaster Pistol

I know you're trying to stick with the design, but you should adapt some of the shapes for tastier baking. Example: the 3 inset bevels at the nozzle, bring that shit inwards even more, anything near 90 degrees is no bueno! Same deal with the brown part of the stock, even the trigger looks flat in sideview (because it is...and shouldn't) The ammo clip also has 90 degree angles that need some 45 degrees lovin'.

Finished Retopo #1 and textured the World Mesh

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5RGbW (Marmoset Viewer embedded on my Artstation Profile)

Now it's time to start working on the Viewmodel - but before I od that I'd like to know if you intend to have any animations that reveal the right side, front or bottom of the blaster @@DT85

I'll also release a replacement version for both base JKO and JKA, pictures are flat shaded showing the diffuse and spec textures for the base game.

jMx3oORl.png

Ramikad, Barricade24, DT85 and 1 other like this

Yeah, no reload animations. :P

@@AshuraDX

Send me the viewmodel with just some texture slapped on and i'll do up the animations, and delete as necessary. After, I'll send you back the model for you to finish. :)

P.S

With ghoul2 viewmodels, we can make a viewmodel animation for any player model animation. This means, we can have force powers used in first person while holding the gun. ;)

Finished and textured the view model
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyd9a1sltx6c0om/Bryar_v.zip?dl=0

bTnaQ76l.png
also updated the model on Artstation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5RGbW

So about getting this ingame and deleting faces:@@DT85 isntead of deleting faces I'd prefer if you could send me a texture over with the faces you deem removeable colored brightly.
I'll then delete those faces and let substance reproject the textures I made onto the enw mesh with optimized UVs, that way we can save space in the UVs which gives us more resolution for the view model, without requiring the use of a higher res texture than the world mesh uses. Both texturesets can be 1k that way. And you also won't mess up any normals and therefore the normal mapping by deleting faces :P

DT85 likes this

@@DT85 well, I could give you the world space normal map, whch you could edit to get masks of areas based on their orientation but I doubt that'd be a lot quicker.
hit me up on Steam or discord if you can - should be more comfortable than checking the forums every few mins.

EDIT: you could also use the render to texture feature in 3ds max and assign 2 materials to the mesh faces, a green mat for faces that mus tstay and a red for faces that can go.

DT85 likes this

Why is the trigger just a big piece of metal?

It's not that way in the prop, I mean it sort of might look like it but that's just shadows being cast.

I'm not going back and changing that now that everything else is final, besides the glm viewmodel.

I'd say 2,000 tris max total for both arm meshes, and 2-3,000 max for the weapon itself? Open to any thoughts here.

Is it alright to have the arms (sleeve folds) symmetrical? What about texture res? 1024 for symmetrical and 2048 for non symmetrical?

Is it alright to have the arms (sleeve folds) symmetrical? What about texture res? 1024 for symmetrical and 2048 for non symmetrical?

I believe most of the right arm is unlikely to be seen at all, so symmetry shouldn't be a problem.

Just the sequencer charge, we will use base's detonation pack instead. I'll try my best to code in the rail detonator, so don't bother with that unless I can code it.

Btw, how are those textures for 07yun coming? :P

Just the sequencer charge, we will use base's detonation pack instead. I'll try my best to code in the rail detonator, so don't bother with that unless I can code it.

Btw, how are those textures for 07yun coming? :P

For what it's worth, both the DFmod and JKG have sequencer charge models. Might work as a good base.

I'm still animating this, but you can safely delete the unseen faces at the end where the muzzle flash is - we won't be turning the gun around.

You can still lean left and right in first person view, though - at least you can in the base game (Enter + A / D).