Can you make this rifle stance with E-11 and any other weapons?

%C1%A6%B8%F1_%BE%F8%C0%BD.png?type=w1

In JK2, Kyle's rifle stance is this.

The angle between two legs in JK2 is bigger than that in JKA.

I think It's a good and stylish stance when he's using a rifle.

I want to apply it in JKA but I don't know a way to do this.

I searched Files database in JKHub but I couldn't find it either.

So, Can you make this stance?

I may be wrong, but from what I remember the animations of legs and of weapon ready are independent. You can try replacing BOTH_STAND1 and BOTH_STAND3 (respectively the standing animation and standing with weapon ready) with the BOTH_STAND9 frames (which is the idle animation used in Jedi Outcast) in animations.cfg.

katanamaru likes this

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy uses two different skeletons, so you can't just "copy and paste" the animation from one game to another. However, with some modifications, it is possible.

Hey, @@Asgarath83. Can you help syainkn with that?

I am not much expert in code part related to animations, i haved did some force power when NPC hitted by shockwave doing a certain animations but they get some bug (the saberist not ever do the animation if they are porting an attack)  i have make the same thinkg with projectiles of same weapon. is possible to make a projectile that an enemy hitted get cower1 or sonicpain animation XD the bad is also that this happen to player and with this animation active player cannot attack LOL, it's a nice way of stunning.

mmmm, i am off topic.

back in thread...

well, i have not played so much with JK2, also if he replace the skeleton the animation between two games are pretty different. i suppose i need to replace all _humanoid folder of JK3 with JK2 folder, this is the fastest way...mmm i am not sure that JK3 model can works fine, after that...if this not make some trouble with model compatibility the fastes way is this.

if instead this cannot work the unique way is to get a custom skeleton animation (i not know how to make animation sorry) and changing on code the BOTH_ATTACK3 and WEAPONREADY etc animation related to two handed guns weapons to the JK2 animation.

EDIT: sorry guys but it not works: also if i replace humanoid of JK3 with skeleton of JK2 .... all models are rigged with JK3 skeleton and so the weight appereance of the models is little... hilarous:

and if you try to change playermodel or load NPC it crash showing a message about a mismatching with default stormtrooper model

mmmm maybe i think the stormtrooper model is used by code as default test \ placeholder model for check rig and skeleton and animation.

maybe is possible to pass around the crash replacing JK3 stormtrooper model with JK2 stormtrooper but also in that case... all JK3 model get JK3 rig soooo... not good.

https://s8.postimg.org/jwwyfclzp/ROTFL.jpg

it's so cutie XDDD ... if player should be a squid or a mollusk , maybe  .-.

I may be wrong, but from what I remember the animations of legs and of weapon ready are independent. You can try replacing BOTH_STAND1 and BOTH_STAND3 (respectively the standing animation and standing with weapon ready) with the BOTH_STAND9 frames (which is the idle animation used in Jedi Outcast) in animations.cfg.

This is the first step. You could stop here, but there will be a bug when standing on ramps or ledges.

You'll have to change the legup animations to match too.

All you have to do is replace the number in animations.cfg in BOTH_STAND1 with the number from BOTH_STAND9. It will change the default stance to the one in JK2, and be used for all the other standing animations, like pictured in the first post. All standing animations use the legs from STAND1. It's silly and needs to be fixed, imo.

Asgarath83 and Langerd like this