Darth Vader Japanese Voice

Well since Darth Vader's costume is truly based on a Samurai, what if Darth Vader actually spoken Japanese? I love James Earl Jones' iconic English voice as Darth Vader, but the Japanese voice actually makes me feel like I'm watching Anime or Tokusatsu which is why I think it would be cool to add in Japanese voices for NeoMars' Darth Vader model. I wonder if you guys actually love the Japanese anime style voice made for Darth Vader? :)

TheWhitePhoenix, ent and krkarr like this

Well since Darth Vader's costume is truly based on a Samurai, what if Darth Vader actually spoken Japanese? I love James Earl Jones' iconic English voice as Darth Vader, but the Japanese voice actually makes me feel like I'm watching Anime or Tokusatsu which is why I think it would be cool to add in Japanese voices for NeoMars' Darth Vader model. I wonder if you guys actually love the Japanese anime style voice made for Darth Vader? :)

I am getting anime vibes from this. But it's not really surprising. :)

KyleKatarn1995 and Smoo like this

Thanks to the Despecialized Editions of 'A New Hope' and 'The Empire Strikes Back', I've watched several scenes in Japanese. I must admit that they have chosen great dubbing voices back then, for every character.

You can really hear that they did their best to convey emotions through dialog by acting like the characters, as if they were acting themselves. Japanese voice-actors surely have a great amount of dedication at hand, which

is rare in many countries.

This is really interesting, in concept. A villain that speaks a totally different language; only his colleagues would be able to understand. The main protagonist would need to break through the language barrier to truly understand what the villain is saying. It makes Vader seem much more dynamic Y'know? Reminds me Darth Nihilus in some ways. 

This is really interesting, in concept. A villain that speaks a totally different language; only his colleagues would be able to understand. The main protagonist would need to break through the language barrier to truly understand what the villain is saying. It makes Vader seem much more dynamic Y'know? Reminds me Darth Nihilus in some ways. 

It actually does make sense for Darth Vader to sound more like a Power Ranger or Kamen Rider villain even if he's spoken in Japanese.

Bek likes this

The effect is a bit different in the voice of Darth Vader, but still sounds accurate. That's not something you can say about Leia's voice in this video: the emotions and the phrases/voice don't correspond each other, or at least it seems so.

Various aliens speak with accent in Star Wars. I read, that the Neimodians spoke English with a slight oriental accent.

Ugh, you didn't notice that this Japanese voice of Darth Vader also voiced as Hakushon Daimaō in the 60s anime The Genie Family. Did you know that now?

CZhwCiZXEAAEQT2.jpg

I've already encountered too many people on Youtube who hated Goku's Jap Voice. Which is ironic, because if it wasn't for her, Sean Schemmel wouldn't have a job and be the voice of Goku right now.

I've already encountered too many people on Youtube who hated Goku's Jap Voice. Which is ironic, because if it wasn't for her, Sean Schemmel wouldn't have a job and be the voice of Goku right now.

I always loved Stephanie Nadolny's Goku child voice because it totally cracks me up. I think about Kid Goku as cute and somewhat strong even if she's voiced him.

• 2 months later...

Here's another video I found with Darth Vader speaking to the Emperor in Japanese. It almost feels like Queen Beryl is speaking with Queen Metalia.

Seriously, you should get Harmy's Despecialized Editions of the Classic Trilogy. All three movies have a full japanese audio track, among other languages.

If you already own legal copies of the official releases (no matter if DVD or Blu-ray), you can go on and download them.

Just follow this guide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yLsvexWBVM8IYSGopKuSfsGk5YIgCwQWd23bqb5ryD4/pub

KyleKatarn1995 and NumberWan like this

There is also Jar Jar Binks in Japanese. But I would like to hear other characters to speak. Like Amidala for instance. By the way, I wonder, if Yoda speaks a reversed manner of words in Japanese too, because originally the sentence is made in an order different from European languages from the start.

Edit: Actually found some of these and even more. Yoda:

Not Star Wars, but still curious. Harry Potter:

LOTR:

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

By the way, I wonder, if Yoda speaks a reversed manner of words in Japanese too, because originally the sentence is made in an order different from European languages from the start.

I'm sure they found a solution for that, just like with Nute Gunray and Rune Haako in several other countries. They both speak with an asian accent in the original version, but in Germany for example, they speak with a french accent.

Although I grew up with the German dub and also love the original English voices, there is something with the Japanese voices that amazes me. I haven't seen one of these movies entirely in Japanese, just a few scenes, but like I said previously, they know how to convey emotions. They know what it requires to do professional voice acting. It's not just about simply recording the dialogues, it's about reflecting what the characters are feeling and thinking.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this