Custom Animations

• 3 weeks later...

Dragon always gave me troubles with the console. Dragon 9.0 wouldn't let me open it up even switching keyboard language settings. Then I tried Dragon 0.9.2 (not sure if it's an updated version or a really old version, but I think it's the former), and I finally could open the console switching keyboard settings.

But personally I dumped Dragon after finding out how to animate with Blender. Much more intuitive and less tedious with angles. Another popular tool for animating seems to be Softimage XSI, but I've never used it.

Trying to make new custom animations, but isn't as easy as i remember it. Dragon Tool won't let me open the console, and softimage is too complicated for me tbh. Any alternatives or a fix for the dragon console?

You can use any 3D modeling program that exports a Softimage .XSI (version 3.0 or 3.5) file.

Softimage or XSI ModTool, older versions of Maya (7 or 8), 3ds Max (Max5 thru Max2016).

I believe you can also use Lightwave3D and import the Lightwave file into XSI ModTool and re-export as a .XSI file.

Yeah, people don't really realize just how pointless dragon is, it was actually always pointless since the free version of XSI went back to version 4.2 which was out BEFORE dragon.

@@Ramikad Softimage excels so much mostly because IK is solved based on how you draw the chain making the process of building a skeleton for your model a lot faster than other software. Maybe one day they'll implement it into Maya since it's getting all of Softimage's unique features.

DT. likes this