Giving an NPC unlimited health/invincibility in GTKRadiant?

health parameter in a map entity doesn't give invincibility, if you stuff an NPC under an elevator long enough or use noclip in the midst of a saber swing and stick it into them long enough they still die.

Is there no parameter to make them invincible or immune to attacks? Ideally, it would stand there like a statue. Might just try make it into a misc_model, rather...

On another note, does anyone know how to have multiple music play throughout the map? With say three buttons to alternate between 3 songs?

Langerd likes this

SET_INVINCIBLE, true, with icarus scripting, executed as spawnscript of the droid is the better way. :)

for the button, you can use entity called target_speaker triggered by buttons, with loopin value and a music file path in wav format.

but does that really change the music of worldspawn? i basically want everyone to be able to toggle between 3 soundtracks on the map.

ive looked into how taspir power complex did it but im way over my head because it uses icarus scripting and i have 0 knowledge of it. ive gotten my hands on the SDK and used DEVaheb to look at it but my knowledge is too weak lol.

is there any prebaked script or any other way to do this any faster?

but does that really change the music of worldspawn? i basically want everyone to be able to toggle between 3 soundtracks on the map.

ive looked into how taspir power complex did it but im way over my head because it uses icarus scripting and i have 0 knowledge of it. ive gotten my hands on the SDK and used DEVaheb to look at it but my knowledge is too weak lol.

is there any prebaked script or any other way to do this any faster?

well, the dinamic music of a map is defined into dms.dat and make a dinamic music is very hard and require audacity.

what you need to do, is simply to NOT put the music into the wordspawn. :D you can use a global looped in target_speaker for play a track, and a system of target_relay or triggers for shut down the other speakers when you use another speaker.

example, if you use speaker A, you shut down B e C, if you use B, shut down A e C, Etc.

Or... a more simple Way (because this is not exactly easily to script) using Icarus with a script used by the buttons that play the music.

the script that run for each button get the SET_MUSIC command or PLAY_MUSIC, i not remember exactly byut there is into icarus set options.

and you need just to seth the path of music file to play.

well, the dinamic music of a map is defined into dms.dat and make a dinamic music is very hard and require audacity.

what you need to do, is simply to NOT put the music into the wordspawn. :D you can use a global looped in target_speaker for play a track, and a system of target_relay or triggers for shut down the other speakers when you use another speaker.

example, if you use speaker A, you shut down B e C, if you use B, shut down A e C, Etc.

Or... a more simple Way (because this is not exactly easily to script) using Icarus with a script used by the buttons that play the music.

the script that run for each button get the SET_MUSIC command or PLAY_MUSIC, i not remember exactly byut there is into icarus set options.

and you need just to seth the path of music file to play.

The icarus way seems to be the better one. Is there really no script that has already done this and all you need to do is to target the script with triggers and just set the tracks to music1 etc/slightly modify the path of the script? Feels like someone would've done one in all these years for newbs like myself XD

The icarus way seems to be the better one. Is there really no script that has already done this and all you need to do is to target the script with triggers and just set the tracks to music1 etc/slightly modify the path of the script? Feels like someone would've done one in all these years for newbs like myself XD

mmm i am an idiot. Now that i think on radiant there is already an entity that you can use for it!

Target_play_music. you can put 3 target play music into the map, and every button has a trigger multiple that trigger one of that. Not put music into worldspawn and put the buttons at the start of the map. in that's way, player can chooce the soundtrack before explore the map. :)

No icarus needed.

mmm i am an idiot. Now that i think on radiant there is already an entity that you can use for it!

Target_play_music. you can put 3 target play music into the map, and every button has a trigger multiple that trigger one of that. Not put music into worldspawn and put the buttons at the start of the map. in that's way, player can chooce the soundtrack before explore the map. :)

No icarus needed.

Wow ill try that, will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Asgarath83 likes this

No icarus needed.

Perfect man, thank you so much!

Asgarath83 likes this