I want to change the scale of the model .. problem is.. hitbox

Well ... I changed the scale in the npc file but the problem is the hitbox. It didn't change (and it acts weird). So i thought that the bouding box is the reason of this. I changed it to the higher values. And... nope. Still doesnt work.

How to make npc larger (2x larger than for example desann) and let its hitbox work properly?? Can i scale it properly with script or in the model program ? (i am using Blender btw)

@@Archangel35757 won't it screw everything up because the GLA expects bones to be in the same location for each model? That used to be true in the past, locked to that damn skeleton's proportions.

Well that is true... any model that uses the _humanoid skeleton has to fit it. I wasn't sure what the OP's intent was...

...I thought you could change the scale of a NPC thru its NPC file. Desann is scaled larger in-game than the standard size.

Well ... I changed the scale in the npc file but the problem is the hitbox. It didn't change (and it acts weird). So i thought that the bouding box is the reason of this. I changed it to the higher values. And... nope. Still doesnt work.

How to make npc larger (2x larger than for example desann) and let its hitbox work properly?? Can i scale it properly with script or in the model program ? (i am using Blender btw)

In this case it's not necessary to edit the GLM or GLA of model. ^_^

you need to set custom NPC parameter for crouchheight, width and height.

you can see that in Rancor and ATST .NPC files. about the value... mmm i not remember exactly the default value.

should be 64 for height and 32 for croucheight for width i am not much sure. however this work in this mod:

scale key of NPC file is the key.

scale to default value is 100.

so, if you put into NPC file the value scale setted to 110, you need to edit the width, height and croucheight default value x110%, aka for 1.1

if you make a dwarf NPC very smallest with scale 50, you need to put 32 as height, instead of 64. 50 is half of 100 and 32 is half of 64 understood?

:)

a pratical example of my mod:

a mini rancor.

i set his scale to 85, so is height and croucheight are the 85% of default Rancor.NPC file:

scale        85

height        136

crouchheight     108

that's all. a simply .NPC  file edit. :)

In this case it's not necessary to edit the GLM or GLA of model. ^_^

you need to set custom NPC parameter for crouchheight, width and height.

you can see that in Rancor and ATST .NPC files. about the value... mmm i not remember exactly the default value.

should be 64 for height and 32 for croucheight for width i am not much sure. however this work in this mod:

scale key of NPC file is the key.

scale to default value is 100.

so, if you put into NPC file the value scale setted to 110, you need to edit the width, height and croucheight default value x110%, aka for 1.1

if you make a dwarf NPC very smallest with scale 50, you need to put 32 as height, instead of 64. 50 is half of 100 and 32 is half of 64 understood?

:)

a pratical example of my mod:

a mini rancor.

i set his scale to 85, so is height and croucheight are the 85% of default Rancor.NPC file:

scale        85

height        136

crouchheight     108

that's all. a simply .NPC  file edit. :)

The problem is that :

height This will change the height of the bounding box that controls collision detection(not hit detection) of the NPC. Default is 64 mapping units. Above 64 will be larger, below will be smaller.

Default value: 64

Values: 1-999?

width This will change the height of the bounding box that controls collision detection(not hit detection) of the NPC. Default is 16 mapping units. Above 16 will be larger, below will be smaller.

Default values: 16

crouchheight This will change the height of the bounding box that controls collision detection(not hit detection) of the NPC, while crouching. This should be around half the value of the height value. Default is 32 mapping units. Above 32 will be larger, below will be smaller.

Default values: 32

This is in the help of the npc tool program ( i dont use it) These options doesnt affect on the hit detection box only on collision.

The problem is that :

height This will change the height of the bounding box that controls collision detection(not hit detection) of the NPC. Default is 64 mapping units. Above 64 will be larger, below will be smaller.

Default value: 64

width This will change the height of the bounding box that controls collision detection(not hit detection) of the NPC. Default is 16 mapping units. Above 16 will be larger, below will be smaller.

Default values: 16

crouchheight This will change the height of the bounding box that controls collision detection(not hit detection) of the NPC, while crouching. This should be around half the value of the height value. Default is 32 mapping units. Above 32 will be larger, below will be smaller.

Default values: 32

This is in the help of the npc tool program ( i dont use it) These options doesnt affect on the hit detection box only on collision.

Mmmm.... that's was unexpected. i not knew that not affected only the collision.

That's really bad man. in this case i am asking how the rancor and atst bounding box working so goods, and also droid box, with blaster shoots and also if player jump on the "head" of the NPC, droids, monster etc.

the value you need to put depende by the scale of your character.

which is the scalue value of your custom NPC? :)

playermodel "name of model"

and under

scale: "value"

width: 16xvalue%

crouchheight 32xvalue%

height: 64xvalue%

about the hit detection that's bad. i know how fix the bounding box demension but i not know how too fix this without code hacking, or the code parts that affected these (sure need to dive into code about the scale parameter of NPC file)

however...

there are also other 3 parameter, not only scale.

scalex, scaley, scalez, each one affected one axis direction. . (width, height, lenght). try to work on this parameter.

obvious height, croughtheight and width value are affected by scalex, y, z value. 

;)