The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

UPDATE :)

New Blue Saber blade with oldschool Luke's Ep4 hilt :)

16gyet1.jpg

and a little update on Jaden's resistance jacket :)

10p0v2h.jpg

Now, THIS.. I'm really starting to like. The lightsaber blade looks a lot better, too. Looking forward to seeing the updated clothes. Do you think you could also turn Jaden's hair (male) brown? Always kinda' hated how it's supposed to be brown, but they made it look like a ginger'ish red.

Also, I was gonna mention this, but I dunno how you are with coding. But if you know how to change the code to make the lightsaber's ignite out of their hilts a lot quicker. Hence Finn's .gif image, I posted above.. Or if that's a different thing, entirely.

GPChannel likes this

Now, THIS.. I'm really starting to like. The lightsaber blade looks a lot better, too. Looking forward to seeing the updated clothes. Do you think you could also turn Jaden's hair (male) brown? Always kinda' hated how it's supposed to be brown, but they made it look like a ginger'ish red.

Also, I was gonna mention this, but I dunno how you are with coding. But if you know how to change the code to make the lightsaber's ignite out of their hilts a lot quicker. Hence Finn's .gif image, I posted above.. Or if that's a different thing, entirely.

There will be many kind of jaden head in the mod :) don't worry..you'll got your brown hair :D

Darth Sion likes this

@@GPChannel Are you still working on the saber blades, GP.. Or are the image/s shown above, the final product? Overall, I'm really liking the look of what you've done with them, but just curious if they're still a WiP? I would say the blue lightsaber could probably do to use a little more of an "aqua blue" glow to it, to really get that Force Awakens look to it. Do you have plans to add in the saber trails, too or are they already done?

All progressing well, so far, though. Keep it up!

GPChannel likes this

@@GPChannel Are you still working on the saber blades, GP.. Or are the image/s shown above, the final product? Overall, I'm really liking the look of what you've done with them, but just curious if they're still a WiP? I would say the blue lightsaber could probably do to use a little more of an "aqua blue" glow to it, to really get that Force Awakens look to it. Do you have plans to add in the saber trails, too or are they already done?

It is wip :)

Darth Sion likes this

And what do you mean under aqua blue

Do you want the blade color more aqua or the glow what is surrounds it. :)

And what do you mean under aqua blue

Do you want the blade color more aqua or the glow what is surrounds it. :)

Well, to be honest.. It'd be too difficult for me to explain what I'm getting at, without sounding confusing. I guess the best thing you could do, is to use those above .gif images of Finn, to see what the lightsaber blade looks like. The best one to use for the colour and so forth, is this one;

boyega_12.0.gif

finninstagram.jpg?1440697154

These should give you a pretty decent foundation for what end result you should try to achieve. The center colour of the blade itself, looks to be a very light/aqua blue sort of colour and the glow is seemingly the same colour, but darker, naturally. But I'll leave it upto you to use your own judgement on that one.

GPChannel likes this

Well, to be honest.. It'd be too difficult for me to explain what I'm getting at, without sounding confusing. I guess the best thing you could do, is to use those above .gif images of Finn, to see what the lightsaber blade looks like. The best one to use for the colour and so forth, is this one;

boyega_12.0.giffinninstagram.jpg?1440697154

These should give you a pretty decent foundation for what end result you should try to achieve. The center colour of the blade itself, looks to be a very light/aqua blue sort of colour and the glow is seemingly the same colour, but darker, naturally. But I'll leave it upto you to use your own judgement on that one.

I see. i ll do mi Best bro ;)
Darth Sion likes this

UPDATE:

A little update on blue lightsaber :)

2yvnuh3.jpg

Much better! :) Although I'm sure you're still working with it, it is a little thick at the bottom of the blade shaft, as you can see from the image you've posted. You've probably already noticed that yourself, though. But yes, it's coming along really nicely!  :winkthumb:

Need help guys :)

What is the name of this npc droid....

Cause it will be BB-8 :)

cause the r5d2.npc won't work :(

euf0bs.jpg

Any chance one of you guys can help with this @@Barricade24, @@DT85 or @@Circa?

@@GPChannel Are you doing story and map mods, too.. Or is it just a Force Awakens content conversion for the base game (so you play through the main story of the default game with The Force Awakens content)? Just curious..

That should be r5d2.npc. You must be doing something wrong. I need more info than just "it won't work" :P

No :)

I mean you know i changed in r5d2.npc :)

when i write to the console npc spawn r5d2....it worked....but in the map the model is not changed....

I show you :)

t5nhbn.jpg

Any chance one of you guys can help with this @@Barricade24, @@DT85 or @@Circa?

@@GPChannel Are you doing story and map mods, too.. Or is it just a Force Awakens content conversion for the base game (so you play through the main story of the default game with The Force Awakens content)? Just curious..

Story?

first i will just recreate JKA in TFA style....

I plan that after you finish with JKA the game will automaticly load a yavin academy map...in this map you can chose new missions from TFA....

(you know you will find some new doors for the bonus missions (if somebody played Movie Duels 2 mod,they know what i mean :) ) )

Like:

Finn vs Kylo

Rey vs Kylo

Finn vs TR-8R

and things like that...

you know some small TFA duel mission :)

But first i will recreate JKA :)

I hope u understand,cause i'm not the best in English language :D :D :D

Srethem, Darth Sion, krkarr and 1 other like this

No :)

I mean you know i changed in r5d2.npc :)

when i write to the console npc spawn r5d2....it worked....but in the map the model is not changed....

I show you :)

t5nhbn.jpg

Story?

first i will just recreate JKA in TFA style....

I plan that after you finish with JKA the game will automaticly load a yavin academy map...in this map you can chose new missions from TFA....

(you know you will find some new doors for the bonus missions (if somebody played Movie Duels 2 mod,they know what i mean :) ) )

Like:

Finn vs Kylo

Rey vs Kylo

Finn vs TR-8R

and things like that...

you know some small TFA duel mission :)

But first i will recreate JKA :)

I hope u understand,cause i'm not the best in English language :D :D :D

Yeah, that's awesome! I have and still use the Movie Duels II mod (definitely pick that over "Movie Battles II"). So I know exactly what you're talking about. But I like the sound of where it's headed. It'll be interesting to see what the maps look like, too.

Yeah! That looks much better!! You've almost got it spot on. As far as the actual glow of the lightsaber goes (not the blade), but the glow.. (If it's possible), I'd adjust the colour. 'Cos I was going to say if you could, you could try to get that glow to be a bit more of an Aqua Blue colour :winkthumb:. As it currently has the Guardian Blue (which is a darker tone/shade of colour)

Finally, in regards to the actual blade, itself (being somewhat nitpicky), I would just (ever so slightly) adjust the blade a little more at the bottom of the shaft (if possible) and make it just a tad thinner. Those two adjustments and you'll have the perfect replica! :woot:

Keep up the great work!

**Edit**
I don't mod, myself, but I can understand and appreciate just how hard & tedious it may be, to try and get the right result and is probably borderline irritating. But credit is given where credit is due and this mod is really coming along nicely.

Also, if you're looking to create the snow effect and particles. etc. from the Finn & Rey vs. Kylo duel (also seen in my forum signature), I think either "Evolution of Combat III" uses the same system for particles and such and also Movie Duels II uses it, for it's effects. How difficult it'd be to extract that system and use it in a mod of your own, though.. I've no idea. As again, I'm not a mod creator, myself.

@@Circa Is there a way, to get the saber sounds (the "humming", "blade ignition" and "clashing") to be more intense and a bit louder, like it was/is in The Force Awakens?

I guess, at the moment.. This is about the only clip online, you can use as an example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHR-NRIyy8

@@GPChannel Here you go, you should be able to view/access this.. The quality isn't brilliant (near DVD quality) but hopefully it will really be able to help with the lightsabers and their blades/glows. etc.

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfp1/v/t43.1792-2/12405494_883293538436618_1787729691_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MzAxMiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&rl=1500&vabr=481&oh=42f906554454b1e7ba98d0afefa27884&oe=56B38E7E

Are you referring to Kylo Ren's saber sound? Because Finn/Rey's saber had the same sounds as in previous movies. Martyr's Kylo saber has great sounds.

Yeah, I have Darth Martyr's Kylo saber, downloaded. No, I mean to make the sounds of the lightsabers, just in general.. Sound a lot more intense, stronger (and I guess you could say volatile), as they do in the movie. Not "unstable", though and not to be confused with Kylo's saber sound.

If you watch this clip, you should be able to understand what I mean (if you listen to them closely);

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfp1/v/t43.1792-2/12405494_883293538436618_1787729691_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MzAxMiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&rl=1500&vabr=481&oh=42f906554454b1e7ba98d0afefa27884&oe=56B38E7E

Since this is now an actual mod, would you like this thread moved over to the WIP forum?

yes :)

For what it's worth, I think that R5D2 unit spawn name is actually r5d2_imp. Try that.

tried it...not worked :(

I will do saber sound FX for Luke's old saber.....

in TFA the saber has got deeper sound (it was amazing xD) so i will do it.....but guys

I need help :)

I can't do it alone :)

I need someone who can re-record tavions line with Kylo Ren style (if you change some lines cause it would be good for Kyle,thats not problem)

And i need help with the voice....when somebody says: Tavion......we need to change it Kylo :)

Can somebody help me :)

okay guys i'm finish with the music of Vjun3 :) (it'll be fcking EPIC :D :D :D )

The sondtrack will be a mix of slow scary vader theme,and somethimes you will hear Kylo's theme :D

Okay :)

About kylo's saber sound FX i will use these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwHnWB2dCuc

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFIUDPArJsI

And for Skywalker's sound FX i will use these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzBkglWSUSM

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjThNHskwKs

The map may be using the actual model of the R5 droid, rather than the NPC. Only way around that is to replace the model with the BB-8 model.

Maybe.....can you help me? :)

Darth Sion likes this