Need Help Getting a Model from Blender in As A Map Object for GTK

Hey guys,

I've got something imported from an .mdl into Blender and was wondering how I'd get it into GTKRadiant as a .md3

Obviously I need to export it as one but seeing as how the textures applied correctly when I imported the .mdl I'm unsure as to how I'd get it to be textured once it is in GTKRadiant.

Thanks,

Dementous

EDIT: I got the mesh in completely fine but I have no idea how to make sure that it's textured like how I was viewing it in Blender. Help regarding this is needed, thanks.

I don't suppose there's any easy way to automatically physics clip an .md3 model? @@Pande

There's spawnflags 2 (at least, it's there in Radiant 1.5) corresponding to the "Solid" option in misc_model. misc_model_static doesn't seem to have that though.

@@mrwonko

It appears that just by setting the spawnflags of the misc_model to '2' automatically gives it collision - very convenient for me!

You will need VERY simple collision. Using the displayed model as collision isn't wise in any game.
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing you could do is grab mrwonko's patch exporter for blender from here:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1413-blender-264-jedi-academy-plugin-suite/

And export patches that match your model, and throw that into radiant. You can then delete or simplify it as much as needed.

That so far has been the best use I found for it. I had him make it for me in order to build terrain but it was a pipe dream as the radiant limits stood in my way, and if not those then random errors ingame where you'd fall through some patches.

And export patches that match your model, and throw that into radiant. You can then delete or simplify it as much as needed.

You probably shouldn't, patches require more calculations for collision detection than brushes, so stick to brushes when possible. I once had massive slowdowns in a patch-heavy room...

This. Hence "effectively". You don't want to use spawnflags 2, with the possible exception of terrain models.

Yep it is true because still making terrain in easygen is like making a lot of the brushes. Making the terrain model solid is in my opinion faster and more detail. Of course there are some limits