Last Book You've Read

And not textbooks cause those don't count. But, books you had to read for school count.

Mine was "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" by Douglas Adams. I liked most of of the Hitchhiker's books  and thought Starship Titanic was great. This one, meh...The reviews make it sound more exciting than it was.

Well, I just finished A Long Way From Chicago (don't judge, I just finished a Tolkien book and a Christopher Paolini book, so I needed to decompress). Right now, I'm working on the first Republic Commando novel, The Old Republic: Deceived, and a comic strip collection called Pearls Sells Out

The last new ones for me were perhaps "Spin" and the book about Allan Quatermain. I also tried "Revan".

Personally I am not very fond of books of XXI-st century. I enjoy classic ones much more. The last one I wanted to reread are the ones by Maxim Gorky, not my favourite author.

1984, really enjoyed that book.

Also, about half of Dracula, but believe it or not the book got really boring half way through and I didn't feel like reading it anymore.

The most recent book I read was The Shining. That was like 9 months ago though, don't have much time to read at the moment. I quite enjoyed that book as well. 1984's probably my favorite book of all time so far.

It wasn't really the length that was the problem for me. About half of the book is the main character's (I forget his name) encounters with Dracula locking him in his castle, and it actually was pretty creepy for a book and was great to read. All of that part I read, but then half way through the book it changes to just be a bunch of letters from his wife to him in Dracula's castle, which were incredibly boring. I remember at one point in his wife's letter she wrote about getting new curtains or something... the next third of the book I think was the letters. I read several chapters of them and I didn't see how they had any relevance to Dracula's castle or even to the main character. Kind of ridiculous. 

Well, the audiobook version is like 16 hours so its not any better. The whole thing is written as letters, memos, or journal entries. Its still one of my favorite movies even though I keep seeing Ted "Theodore" Logan  instead of Jonathan Harker..  

I found a few of the abridged Dracula and Frankenstein audio drama re-tellings are a lot more interesting, actually, and still get the main plot and message across.

I've also tried to read Dracula and failed -- and I am actually a fan of the journal format! So don't feel bad about it. I think a lot of the original novel's charm is lost in this day and age, actually.

If you've enjoyed the themes behind Dracula, The Picture of Dorian Gray is a fascinating read. Chances are you won't be able to put it down.

I don't remember what book I finished last, but I'm almost done with Where Do We Go from Here (which is 17 short sci-fi stories by various authors).  It's great, but the book is old and about to fall apart, so I don't like picking it up.  xD

I started reading Dracula sometime last semester.  It was interesting up until a point, then I had to force myself to keep reading.