Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

@@DrXann

If according to the EU sources, there was the President of the New Republic aka Chief of State. Chancellor wasn't used afar Endor.

But now that we can't be sure the New Republic will be in Episode VII at all, the role of Leia here might be a leader of some Rebellion-inspired organization or state.

Mon Mothma won't be in the film as well. By the time of The Force Awakens, she is most likely retired (and according to the books, she passed away).

• 3 weeks later...

@@DrXann

I only hoped, that some older characters would appear on screen. Given, that a lot of things have been revised, there was a chance, that everything including aliens would have changed since Episode VI. The early revealed pictures gave the impression, that the team wanted to hide any aliens from us, so any screen you see has humans for the most part.

I am glad, that we see Sullustans and Mon Kalamari, because it's a signal, that the new film won't re-write any of the older species, but more like adding new aliens to Star Wars, as in Episode VII new and old ones will be seen side by side.

I still wonder, whether we will see some Neimodians in the background or maybe Jawas some time later (Episode IX maybe).

In the video above a few shots suggest, that the Rebels (Republic) are operating from their former base on Yavin IV (look at the walls and computers).

According to SWU, another character is now revealed - General Hux, which serves the Empire (First Order).

CJmKU5BUsAADG_5.jpg

The strategic map display is almost identical to the one used A New Hope.Believe or no I actually like some of the new aliens and droids.Since they showed concepts for an advanced pit droid.Other familiar droids such as GONKs, Astromechs and protocol droids are also appearing.One thing I noticed on Nux's First Order uniform is that it lacks rank pips or the fact is that the image was blurry.Oh and by the way I thought I would leave this here https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJmJKgpVEAAIxvx.jpg (Spoiler)

As the three are going to appear minus Snoke who is probably still in concept phase or something.

@@DrXann
We already know, who plays Snoke. ) So he is most likely to appear as a hologram at least.

SWU released a valuable information on what was happening in the Galaxy after Battle of Endor and before the events in Episode VII. Caution! Spoilers alert!!!

• Coruscant was in chaos, Grand Vizier Mas Amedda attempted to keep the Empire together by any means necessary.
  • The Imperial chain of command was is in disarray; no one knew exactly which superior officer they were supposed to follow or what the consequences for doing so might be.
  • Several powerful people tried to declare themselves Emperor; the rank and file didn’t really care much for those declarations any longer.
  • Pretenders to the throne used their forces to fight one another and chaos ensued.
  • The Anoat sector was cut off completely.
  • The Rebel Alliance secured several systems and set up bases there in relative peace with minor resistance.
  • The Rebel Alliance proclaimed itself the New Republic by this time.
  • The New Republic was established in the Hosnian System.
  • One year after The Battle of Endor the galaxy was still embroiled in all-out war, however.
  • Emperor Palpatine was praised as a martyr by many and young and untrained Imperial Cadets were sent to the front lines in his name.
  • Many battles for Naboo were fought in the year after Palpatine’s death.
  • The capital of Naboo, Theed, was well protected and stable.
  • Imperial sympathizers tried rallying at Naboo because it was Palpatine’s homeworld. The planet was still relatively wealthy and healthy.
  • The Empire repeatedly tried to invade Naboo, but every attempt was thwarted.
  • The New Republic celebrated its victory in liberating Naboo by the third battle.
  • Sondiv Sella served the New Republic beside Mon Mothma and Leia Organa.
  • The New Republic had a provisional galactic senate with elected representatives established.
  • Imperial laws were rewritten by the New Republic to be more benevolent and just.
  • Democracy was returning.
  • Worlds polluted by Imperial strip mining were being rebuilt; there were also slavery reparations.
  • One year out, Jakku was seen as a worthless world.
  • There was strategic value in Jakku for one power-hungry Moff who wanted to win back the sector.
  • General Carlist Rieekan, a leader of the New Republic, sent a team out to capture a Star Destroyer christened Inflictor, over Jakku.
  • The Battle of Jakku took place in the stars, in the sky, and on land.
  • The Battle of Jakku was the largest battle since the Battle of Endor.
  • The New Republic gained an advantage through better tactics, despite the Empire outnumbering them vastly.
  • The Captain of The Inflictor decided to follow protocol and scuttle the ship rather than surrender it.
  • The ship then crashed to the surface of Jakku.
  • One month after the Battle of Jakku there were no longer any large-scale battles by the Empire and they vanished into a nebula.
  • Having gathered their forces for a counterattack and established a new chain of command, Imperial vessels within Core and Inner Rim areas stayed within borders defined by a treaty, waiting to erupt at any moment.

We can see a connection here: with the Original Trilogy, with the now Legends content and the prequels as well.

Source

Well we all the story behind Darth Plagueis.Most likely the rule of two still applies even after thirty years since we have Snoke and Kylo who are possibly master and apprentice judging by the Awakening speech and the overall mannerisms of Snoke's voice.

The new Lego sets have been leaked recently, also revealing names of some new characters.

In the new X-WIng set we see Poe Dameron and two other characters, one of which is actually an alien of the unknown species.

The Millennium Falcon presents more characters, as you can see:

Tasu Leech and Kanjiklub Gang member. Who are they?

75105_2.jpg

source

For now we know of several more characters, which haven't been confirmed just yet:

- Korr Sella (likely the child of the other Sella, who was mentioned in the recent rumours with Mon Mothma)

- Kata Koio

- Cloaked Messenger (as according to imdb)

- Clan Leader (same here)

Update: It seems many people in the web are discussing the Tasu Leech now. There are even a few pictures, some of which are not related to Ep7 most likely.

There are a few early concept art leaked in the web, though I believe the already seen ones to be much more interesting.

However there is a photo of one new Rebel/Resistance pilot on orange suit:

Bullhead.jpg

While we are waiting for Episode VII, things are moving slowly for Episode VIII.

I think this is pretty much how we are going to see Luke (head):

2r5b28n.jpg

Untitled.png

I hope he will comb back his hair like above, rather than looking like a hermit hippie ( not that I hate hippies, but.. )

it would make sense that luke has a hairstyle this time, since the world is nowdays more OK with men who take care of themselves, back in the 70's you had to be natural.

That, and his outfit to be, troubles me alot; Luke was dressed up in a dark Jedi Tunic for the ROTJ but if the rumours are true, may we see him in the same outfit once more ?

if you look at this character closely, it's not 100% certain that we're looking at Luke.  Maybe that's a girl ?

bandicam_2015_07_21_15_54_10_102.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The latest rumors, posted at the force.net explain some shots from the trailer. Including the shot with R2 and Luke.

One of the earliest info was about visions and flashbacks in the film, which were related to Darth Vader somehow. The shot with Luke and R2 is (probably) the moment, when Luke abandoned his friends some time after Battle of Endor.

The other shots explained is the scene with the First Order stormtroopers. The leader in the background is a recently revealed general Hux with captain Phasma at his side. This is the moment when he is giving a speech to his fellow Imperials, and he then draws their attention to the new super weapon, the Empire created in recent years. The stormtroopers then turn around to see the weapon, which is ready to be launched and fires a large blast. Presumably this weapon destroys a ship of the Resistance at a different location (near different planet).

We also now know more about the Maz Kanata: Han, Chewie, Rey and Finn arrive at the green planet, where her castle is located. When the heroes ask about Maz, Han says "her" and presumably points at the large statue of Maz near the castle. According to Han Maz is a very unusual person as well as her castle. The following scenes suggest, that not only Han knew her in the past and they ceased cooperation on very bad terms, but Maz is actually terrified to see old smuggler and his group. Some talkings here suggest, that Maz and Han decided not to see each other for some time because of Kylo Ren, who turned to the dark side.

Maz however has the lightsaber, seen in the trailer. There is something very special in the plot about it - probably it is an important relic, which is sought by Kylo Ren, who actually arrives at the castle later. The First Order starts a fight and eventually destroys the base.

Some screens of the new Lego mini figures from TFA:

JGFRBB-V5kg.jpg

3rsA6PreR6Y.jpg

Not sure, if these are official, but include stye new snow troopers and flame troopers, as well as Rey, First Order navy trooper (seen briefly in the trailer) and an unknown character in a hood and with mask.

Is that an Imperial Commando. Whats the figure wearing the goggles and mask? I hope to god that this movie isn't another A New Hope because there's a lot of missing ships like I said in earlier posts.Either their hiding them or their entirely rendered with CGI.

A new character is revealed - Major Ematt, who is a big friend of Leia since before Battle of Yavin IV. He is part of the resistance, and there is a concept leaked at SWU:

Major-Ematt-copy.png

He is wearing this brown uniform

ResistanceJacket.png

Surprisingly he reminds me of Kyle Katarn a lot. I wonder what is his role, but surely he isn't an Imperial deserter, who turned into Rebel agent and later a Jedi Knight.

There is also a photo of Ken Leung's character in Episode VII. I remember him as one of the protagonists in later seasons of Lost series, and now he is in Star Wars.

Character.jpg

Aside of Jakku, there is another location revealed at SWU - Takodana. What planets is that? Perhaps, where Maz Kanata lives.