Disney Buys Star Trek, too!

Oh MY GOD! The end is near...  :facepalm:

http://techgnotic.deviantart.com/journal/Disney-Buys-Star-Trek-492977809

Talk about a corporation! Disney will now exclusively dominate the world of sci-fi.

Soon it'll be like in that Hitler SOPA YouTube video:

"Don't cry... Disney owns the copyright to that emotion."

Edit: Don't they dare take over Doctor Who, too, or I swear I'll start a terrorist organisation to free the world of corporate Disney influence once and for all!!

Always read below the fold.

From the article (that is on DeviantArt btw. wut.):

Gary is on the Paramount Star Trek motion picture team and their heads started spinning when Iger laid out his plans.

What we know from that meeting is this:

• Disney is rebooting the television series Star Trek as a fast track project. JJ Abrams had been in talks with Disney before it closed on Star Trek. Iger asked Abrams to secretly set the reboot of Star Trek in the Star Wars universe and in return he would be rewarded by directing the first of the Star Wars movies.
  • Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens, now being edited for December release, will plant suggestions that the Federation, Klingons and Romulans were connected to the Star Wars universe. They are dubbing references along those lines into the dialogue now. (Tribbles?) This will set up additional storylines in the television reboot of Star Trek. But Iger assured the meeting that the Star Trek characters would not actually appear in the Star Wars films unless Paramount agreed.
  • Disney will blend Star Trek into their Marvel Universe by placing Marvel characters like Iron Man and a future version of The Guardians of the Galaxyinto worlds visited by the Starship Enterprise and its crew in the reboot. Disney also wants a unified backstory that Stark Industries designed the Starship Enterprise and is the go-to contractor for Starships to the Federation. Iger said he would consider licensing the same characters to Paramount for its Star Trek films if the scripts are made compatible.
  • The Disney Channel will be producing an entire series in which the Star Trekcharacters and more importantly the moral lessons and “humanistic” messages of the franchise will be directed at pre-school and K-6 children. Iger said this was a “passion project” for him because he has learned so much to guide his own life from Star Trek.
  • Disney’s Imagineering division has started plans for the Starship Enterprise Holodeck attraction for all its theme parks as part of TomorrowLand and will easter egg the attraction in the TomorrowLand film coming this summer.
  • Iger showed mock ups of Star Trek merchandise that will start selling at all Disney outlets this summer. In a dramatic gesture he ended his talk by opening up his shirt to display a T-shirt that read “Disney’s Star Trek Coming Soon!”

All those are way too farfetched to ever be true. :P

Futuza, Cerez and Lancelot like this

From a DA user in the commentary: 

You're right. Could be a 4/1 joke. 

But, they got Star Wars and Marvel. Maybe this joke is not "Ha, ha" funny.

I'll risk sounding grim, but the problem with these jokes is that they are actually giving leeway to corporate Disney to experiment with their creative ideas and change/merge existing stories by affecting the public's expectations.

I don't think the creators of these jokes realise this, but they're doing everyone a disservice, really. And I can't believe a well recognised art site like DeviantArt would pull such a stunt. It's completely ignorant and distasteful. I'm actually offended by this.

Besides, as the DA user pointed out, it's frighteningly close to potential reality...