Sarlacc Pit - small Duel map

Other idea... mmm... some ships like jabba ships flying over the pit? maybe a big ship with not interrior like the jabba ship upon the map and other smallest ship that fly around the pit. the players can jumps into the ships during duel fight. XD if they make a bad jump they can fall into sarlacc mouth.

The skiffs sounds like a good idea. The one problem is that i dont make falling into the sarlacc instantly falling to the pit. The sand has slick option in shader but still dont know about it. It looks rly weird sometimes XD (they fall to the pit like the sarlacc was a toilet)

About sail barge i dont know about map limits :/ i will think about it. It would be cool though!

Asgarath83 likes this

The skiffs sounds like a good idea. The one problem is that i dont make falling into the sarlacc instantly falling to the pit. The sand has slick option in shader but still dont know about it. It looks rly weird sometimes XD (they fall to the pit like the sarlacc was a toilet)

About sail barge i dont know about map limits :/ i will think about it. It would be cool though!

Ah, yes, On system there is a slick shader.... mmmm maybe i know how to fix this.

not use the slick because the slick work in every direction, is good for ice. that's is weird on a pit.

use instead trigger_push. with a very low pushing value and a setting like "conveyor belt" should work. 

try conveyor and relative spawnflags. ;)

Langerd likes this

That map is super sexy, but it's not small duel map but big ffa map

Heh about that XD yeah... i should change the name of the topic. I planned making a duel map but new ideas came and.. well. Now i have a big map :P

@@Langerd a Team FFA map... with the one flag inside the sarlacc stomach and the other flag upon of the junk ship...

maybe is possible reach the ship with some teleport \ push \ jetpack. LOl this will be an hard battlefield for multiplayer XD .

But one team would jump to the sarlacc only for score Ahahahah that would be weird

Hello! I know that this screen is not a topic of the map but in half it is XD :

shot1031.jpg

I made a little changes of the texture :) I think the model is simple but not bad. Only the textures of him are bad. So i changed them a little :)

A little changes because i was making an retexturing of boba fett - I add some colors of them too. I dont know if They look good or not but i always thought that original boba fett textures sucked.

Here are some screens of the map:

shot1057.jpg
shot1058.jpg
shot1059.jpg
shot1061.jpg
shot1062.jpg
shot1063.jpg

Here are the mandos:

shot1065EblU.jpg
shot1066igslH.jpg
shot1067w59Z.jpg
shot1068pbIsX.jpg
shot1069QLYsC.jpg
shot10709mkJY.jpg
shot1071SzHNK.jpg
shot1072a3ypC.jpg
shot1073IobMu.jpg
shot1074juHFx.jpg

I know there are better models of boba fett out there but i like playing like that with the models :P Is like creating figures from legos

Asgarath83 likes this

I think your map is one of the best looking WIP yet, it looks huge, how big is it?

Many thanks :)

Well i made here some screens to show how it looks from the back of the player.

Yeah i thik it is huge... and that is a problem for me because the last thing will be make it as small as possible to make it the best way to optimalized it. My only way to do this is like i saw in the Pande Jkg tatooine map (after i compiled it into the map file and i wanted to see what ambient options he used and other stuff.. i also checked the hint brushes) is to make the whole map in the boxes (not in one big box) and put in each of them hint brush. I think it will work but i dont know... I have always problems with this and this is all i know to do. I know how it works (in some way) but i alwasy have problems to make it work correclty in my maps.

And this is very important part because players will have lags because of this.

Here are screens:

shot1076.jpg

shot1077.jpg

shot1078.jpg

shot1079.jpg

shot1084.jpg

shot1085.jpg

shot1086.jpg

shot1087.jpg

shot1088.jpg

shot1089.jpg

Link likes this

This map is terrific! Huge! Big! Great!! Like a whale! A planet! Can be planet sarlacc! D: or sarlocchian XD

continue , @@Langerd please!

Boba fett sleeping is really funny...

bot... pink purple violet color? Serious??? D: it's some kind of new jizz complex? The Rainbow Fett Bounty Hunter Club? :D

i am joking. skins are good, but Fett on pink purple is so strange... O.o

Langerd likes this

This map is terrific! Huge! Big! Great!! Like a whale! A planet! Can be planet sarlacc! D: or sarlocchian XD

continue , @@Langerd please!

Boba fett sleeping is really funny...

bot... pink purple violet color? Serious??? D: it's some kind of new jizz complex? The Rainbow Fett Bounty Hunter Club? :D

i am joking. skins are good, but Fett on pink purple is so strange... O.o

Many thanks ^^

XD Rainbow team HAHAH This idea is great! I like this colour though :)

Amazing, fantastic, glorious work. The colored mandos are a nice companion piece to the map too, and got to show off the progress on the map itself. How did you get Boba to lounge so comfortably in that one photo?

I made the MD3 file. I have imported the glm change its position and i have added the hammock. I scaled it in Gtkradiant and ... here Ya go ^^. The same way i made the weequays in the sarlacc stomachs

OK i have many new ideas. I will start the lower section of the sewers. There will be more sarlacc stomach visible parts and many places that will be dangerous. In the middle there will be a big death pit but not just only dark oblivion. I want to make place with many pipes that drops water into the ... whirlpool :) If player will fall down into it he will die.

And i want change the elevator place. Every room that is underground will be made the same atmosphere as the sewers and as this corridor:

shot1112.jpg
shot1113.jpg

This place i want to change. It sucks. The textures doesnt match to the rest of the map and i dont like it. This is the test place too for the lamp models (which sucks too). I will change it to the the same atmosphere as the sewer part.

shot1114.jpg
shot1115.jpg