JKHub Chat Box

Well I have been on a lot of Forum sites and some of them have Chat Boxes on their Index page where members can chat live and use smileys. I think this would be a cool integration to have, where newcomers and normal members can feel free to ask questions or simply chat and have fun.

I am not certain if this has been brought up before but I think it should be considered since JKHub is one of the main sites that hold JK related files and does indeed have an awesome community of members.

Whatever happens this is only an idea and I think it could help the community grow larger. :)

afi likes this

It's kinda like an irc sorta deal.  It's a hit or miss in terms of acceptance for people and some people might only rely on communicating in it and not post in regular forums anymore.  Yes it is great for more live sorta face to face chating.  At the same time you also open things up for someone who might freak out or spam it at one point.

I'd say nothing that has annoying sounds every single time someone types (hate that crap) like some shoutboxes whatever and not to mention it's gonna need some sort of more active moderation at points, might be open to having some people from different in game clans who are good solid moderators given a chance to moderate it.  Kinda like active community contribution and it does open things up for people to get more invovled in helping out at jkhub even if it is just a tiny little chat box whatever.

But a solid benefit is you can get some direct talking with people who edit/mod files with the people who don't do that, but that also means probably get some people begging for specific kinds of content and pestering specific people.  But this also saves on people getting blown up with billion pms or having to give up skype/personal im information to talk with someone in a more live conversation basis.  Then comes the matter of the conversations probably starting out JK related then moving onto people talking about almost anything and everything at points or boredom or specific times of the day when less people are on.  Probably get akward at some points with what some people say I imagine also for some folks.

So perhaps it needs some kinda guidelines like remaining on specific topics or things that souly relate to Jedi Knight based things only or you gotta have a certain post count before you can start using it or you need some sort of approval to be allowed to use it via moderators.  Just leaving it open for anyone to use even if they aren't logged in means on one hand get a lot of open ended discussions, on the other you can get some crazy and weird stuff people can post or spam without being held to some level of accountability for there words as well as some people just posting to upset or make others uncomfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think community contributes to the mass/whole for lot of different levels is beneficial though, I don't think there is no doubt about it whether it is in game or out they still all tie into the core thing which we all enjoy.  Beauty of JK, we have an open ended game with a really good hands (not many are hands on in the same way as JK is in this regard) on combat system and people can get as technical as they want with the guts.

Edited by Oobah
Daedra likes this

I don't think we're going to implement a chat any time soon. It'd be a pain to try and moderate, also anti-spam measures would need to be considered.

This sums up the staff's position on the matter.

I'm closing this because our answer has been the same for awhile now. We will keep you all updated on the addition of a live chat feature in the future, if we decide to do so.