Move The Mod To MP?

DT.

27 members have voted

1. 1. Move The Mod To MP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

what do you mean by moving it to MP? if you're just gonna be making maps it wouldnt be a mod anymore, just a massive df2-themed map pack

Maps, player models, weapons, new menu & perhaps new force powers. It would be a mod. :)

Jeff likes this

I'm seriously thinking of just moving the mod to MP. It would have more replay value and not be such a large undertaking. Thoughts?

I disagree. Overall I think people would rather play a DFII SP mod, because they'll try out a MP but everyone goes back to the 3 main MP options: base, JA+(+), and MBII.

People want a DFII remake. This mod is the only hope for that at this point, and has potential to turn out really good.

Kessno, LucyTheAlien, hleV and 4 others like this

I disagree. Overall I think people would rather play a DFII SP mod, because they'll try out a MP but everyone goes back to the 3 main MP options: base, JA+(+), and MBII.

People want a DFII remake. This mod is the only hope for that at this point, and has potential to turn out really good.

People may want a DF2 remake, but if there's not enough developers then it simply just won't happen. Right now, it's just myself and Trank mapping (when he's not busy) and there's a shitload of mapping to be done. Seems like most everyone who does map does so for MP. If anyone want to help out with mapping, by all means pipe up and let me know. :)

People may want a DF2 remake, but if there's not enough developers then it simply just won't happen. Right now, it's just myself and Trank mapping (when he's not busy) and there's a shitload of mapping to be done. Seems like most everyone who does map does so for MP. If anyone want to help out with mapping, by all means pipe up and let me know. :)

I might contribute later on when I am more comfortable with mapping. :)

Kessno, DT. and Smoo like this

I don't think moving the mod to multiplayer would really work, unless you just created a map-pack. I think that it should stay singleplayer.

Have you been able to overcome the issues you were having with Rend2 working with singleplayer, or were you referring to using it if you were to switch things over to multiplayer?

I wrote you awhile back asking about mapping but you never got back to me if the map I was interested in was still being worked on.  :P

You should at least try to finish it and make a few models that weren't made when the Dark Forces Skin pack came out in 2009.As for force powers, Movie Battles 2 and some multiplayer mod actually implemented Force Blinding and Destruction as usable powers in multiplayer.

I don't think moving the mod to multiplayer would really work, unless you just created a map-pack. I think that it should stay singleplayer.

Have you been able to overcome the issues you were having with Rend2 working with singleplayer, or were you referring to using it if you were to switch things over to multiplayer?

I wrote you awhile back asking about mapping but you never got back to me if the map I was interested in was still being worked on.  :P

Sorry, it must have slipped my mind. :P PM me and this time I'll get back to you, promise. :)

I meant if it were to head over to MP, we'd use rend2. Rend2 SP is still FUBAR.

I wish I could help in the mapping but I never learned how to use Radiant. I know I haven't been around much as far as 3d art and animation but I'm kinda in the same slump as you since I know the mod wont go anywhere without maps.

As much as I played MP in the past this mod should stay SP as without the story of DF2 it's not really a DF2 mod, just JA with some extra characters.

Circa and Smoo like this