costum textcrawl

Go to solution Solved by redsaurus,

I know from somewhere I could basically make a new textcrawl by basically create one photoshop file and let it go over the screen. I knew there was a tutorial somewhere, but I cant seem to find it. (i dont think this can be changed in strings) ?

During my searches, i did find the closing credits in credits.str. With a bit of modding i could rewrite those in a new file and point it to there, am I not mistaken?

edit

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-modding-mapping-editing/355327-star-wars-jedi-academy.html

Alright, my attempt failed, since it still grabs the old scroll for some odd reason.

Now i didnt pk3 it, simply because i am not done yet with the project ;) but i created a new tga file with 512 x 2048. Made an alpha channel and printed on there the text. left the layer with normal text up plus put white over it on a new layer. Saved it as 32 bit tga in a new created menu -> video -> tc_english.tga.

Actually I didnt do this with a misc_video, but just used a ref_tag for this, since it does the same. The misc_video even places a model of a camera down, and that didnt work for me, so i decided to do it with a ref_tag. Dropped the lines in my behaved script.

/Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "Setting up the crawl" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VIDEO_PLAY", "jk0101_sw" );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ ENABLE );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "introcrawl", ORIGIN)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "introcrawl", ORIGIN)$, 0 );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ DISABLE );
rem ( "Setting Up The Players Skills" );

affect ( "player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_THROW", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_DEFENSE", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER_OFFENSE", /*@[member='SaberBlade83']_STYLES*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_HEAL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_JUMP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SPEED_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PUSH_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PULL_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_MINDTRICK_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_GRIP_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_LIGHTNING_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_RAGE_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_PROTECT_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_ABSORB_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_DRAIN_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FORCE_SIGHT_LEVEL", /*@[member='Force']_LEVELS*/ "0" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_PLAYERMODEL", "prisoner" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", "WP_BLASTER" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", "WP_MELEE" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ITEM", /*@ITEM_NAMES*/ "INV_ELECTROBINOCULARS" );
}

rem ( "Camera Actions" );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ ENABLE );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "startcam", ORIGIN)$, 0 );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "startcam", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );
wait ( 2000.000 );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam_ledge", ORIGIN)$, 4000 );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam_ledge", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 4000 );
wait ( 4500.000 );
camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ DISABLE );
So far it all works, however, it doesnt grab the new tga file to scroll over when I launch the game after compile or test devmap. Is there a way I can point the game to pick my tga, instead of the old one in the assets?

Yep, it was the pk3 issue. I put all files in a pk3 file, ran an old savegame from me, and voila, it did work with my own textcrawl. cheers!

One thing to do with your crawl if you didn't.

Make sure you space your wording so if fills the space of each line, like they did in the movies. It makes it look much better than having indentations to end each line.

One thing to do with your crawl if you didn't.

Make sure you space your wording so if fills the space of each line, like they did in the movies. It makes it look much better than having indentations to end each line.

I actually didnt, I tried it, didnt liked how it looked in the crawl, so i went just with the regular entering, I think it looks more "me" that way.