Bad playermodel (stormtrooper) for SP cutscenes...

Can't figure out what's wrong. I've had this issue for a long time. Tried playing with all my config files and removing all my mods. Tried various combinations of using the g_char_model cvar and the playermodel command. Tried starting a new game. Still whenever I map or devmap to a map I get a model error and Jaden shows up as a stormtrooper.

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I'm at a bit of a loss.

^Tried all those things. Still not working. The exact error is g_setg2playermodel something something. I'm not playing any SP code mods so that's not the problem. Let me double check my base folder though to make sure there aren't any standard mods causing a problem. I did try deleting my jaconfig though and that didn't fix the problem.

I had this exact problem when I tried out one of your mods (dusty's patch). During single-player cutscenes I got the bad playermodel error. But when I removed the mod and played vanilla the issue was gone. So I am not sure of what might be casuing this. But if you're also getting it when playing no mods then that's really strange, I've never had such a problem.

You could do a re-install and see if it helps. But in my case I don't know what I could do. I might try the commands and see if those help.

Just thought I'd let you know this, as you're not alone with this..

You should probably give the exact text of the error :P

How exactly do I take a screenshot inside the game? If it'd help at all to determine what might be wrong, I'd like to post screenshot of the console. Print screen doesn't appear to work. No, I don't have the steam edition so I can't use that to take a screen. I also dont even have steam installed currently on my PC.

Open up the console (shift + ~) and type screenshot. Alternatively, I think you can type developer 1 or devmode 1 (not sure which one) and press F12 to take a screenshot, but perhaps that only works with the main menu.

You have to bind screenshot to F12 first before you can press it to make a screenshot. ;)

But yes, do this.

Printscreen just puts the screen into the clipboard for you to paste into a tool like paint.net or mspaint etc.

Binding screenshot will do no good if the console is up.

You can still put the game on steam with a non-steam shortcut and it will have access to steam screenshots.

Turns out I DID have a mod on the player.npc in my base folder but didn't realize it. That was messing things up. Even though I didn't change much I'm guessing it's a sensitive file that needs to be somewhat exact for the game to read it right.