Single Player mapping

Hi,

has anyone ever tried to re-map the singleplayer missions? - not creating new missions but tempering with the maps already there.

For example, opening the first mission, the crash nearby the Yavin temple, and making the environment more detailed and give depth to it.

It would take a lot of time and effort to do this, I know , but it would make the single player experience a lot more exciting and interesting to play.

Lancelot and Bek like this

For example, opening the first mission, the crash nearby the Yavin temple, and making the environment more detailed and give depth to it.

It would take a lot of time and effort to do this, I know , but it would make the single player experience a lot more exciting and interesting to play.

That's actually a great idea. It would be a huge load of work, but if it's done right, it could make the maps more visual appealing.

There are tons of games out there in which modders modified maps (and map objects) to make them look more modern.

For Half-Life 2, there is a mod called Cinematic Mod. The developer(s) gave the maps a big makeover.

cm_13_32.jpg

cm_12_03.jpg

cm_12_04.jpg

I know, Half-Life 2 has a different engine, but it shouldn't be a problem to do something like that with Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast, right?

There are tons of games out there in which modders modified maps (and map objects) to make them look more modern.

For Half-Life 2, there is a mod called Cinematic Mod. The developer(s) gave the maps a big makeover.

It looks that editing these maps is actually very possible, but will I be able to overwrite them in their folders so that the changes can be seen in SP ? - Not sure.

I'll post the results here during the weekend... maybe we'll have this as a project to follow at moddb.com 

The problem is that decompile bsp to a map you obtain:

1: all light entities are removed

2 - more brushes are deformated and in a rebuold Q3MAP2 delete so you can see some missing empty triangle in wall surfaces and fix this is HARD!

3 - textures are disaligned and you need to fix all texture alignment. : \

If you know a solution for bypass that issues the work is possible. :)