How Small Can a Cylinder Be?

Well, an .ase model won't be solid, so you'd have to make custom collision. Like I showed you once, you can use the method where you make a static caulk brush and specify a model to display in its stead, if this is what you mean (in which case, you'd need md3 for a moving object IIRC)

I think this is a stunning example of detail in GtkRadiant: http://jkhub.org/topic/1120-moonbase-labs/?p=26440

I suppose it was made in a large scale, then made to .ase and shrinked, otherwise correct me! @@Szico VII

Well, an .ase model won't be solid, so you'd have to make custom collision. Like I showed you once, you can use the method where you make a static caulk brush and specify a model to display in its stead, if this is what you mean (in which case, you'd need md3 for a moving object IIRC)

I think this is a stunning example of detail in GtkRadiant: http://jkhub.org/topic/1120-moonbase-labs/?p=26440

I suppose it was made in a large scale, then made to .ase and shrinked, otherwise correct me! @@Szico VII

This image may help out a bit. 

From this distance the cable is fine. But, you'll be riding that crate and that is where it gets blocky up close.

If I were to make the cable an ASE model will I be able to make a function_Door out of it, as this is what my crane is made from, along with the appropriate clip brush. Or, would it be easier to just rebuild my crane as an ASE model altogether.

shot0219_zps9d79ae82.jpg

Well, you could make a caulk brush into a func_door and give that entity a model to display in its stead (model2), like with func_statics, if you want to use a model. And I think you might need an md3 conversion for it to move (or to display while moving to be accurate), but I haven't tried with doors, so I'm not sure.

I'm not really sure that an .ase can be used with a func_door, func_train or anything different than a misc_model/misc_model_static. At least in my tests it didn't work, it only accepted .md3 models. Perhaps they can be moved freely with scripts, but I never really tested it.

I'm not really sure that an .ase can be used with a func_door, func_train or anything different than a misc_model/misc_model_static. At least in my tests it didn't work, it only accepted .md3 models. Perhaps they can be moved freely with scripts, but I never really tested it.

Of course using the model2 key, which loads a model at runtime, will only work with model formats that jka supports, i.e. only md3. But by using a misc_model instead you can make Q3Map2 take care of it, as far as I remember.
  • 3 weeks later...