best player I've encountered

The movies were quite ok in terms of the kills, although I wonder if the footage is as old as 1.02 or whether it was taken more recently. But the action is nice nonetheless.

Although I believe you just wanted to share two cool videos, I can't help but take the things you wrote seriously: You call remkoe the best player, but the best player at what? And what do you base that judgement on? If it's just those two videos, then the answer to the first question cannot be ctf, since they're not using guns, and it can't be sabering, since the vast majority of the kills show him catching someone who is running away, which is a very rare situation in pretty much all sabering game modes outside of ctf and doesn't extend very well to actual combat. So it must be saber-only ctf in 1.02 that he is supposed to be the best player at - if so, then I guess that would make some sense.

That is a good point, but it does leave open the question as to what exactly he has encountered; a question I tried to answer by saying that if he based it purely on the videos, then he neither encountered ctf nor any competitive sabering, but a variation on both, one that doesn't allow making judgements on either of the first two (and of course, I'm not saying that he did make such a judgement).

@@Ping

Note that CTF in JK2 1.02 is always assumed to be NF without guns. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a big interest for guns nowadays. I'd love it though.

The videos were very good, however I think the player most players usually regard the best (NF/CTF) is Fetchd. I'll post a video if I find the one I'm looking for.

Well jka had a defray server I played in at its height in ups…Rachel was the best racer

jk2 1.04 had a cpm race server that was popular for a year or two although its still around. Xamomax was probably the best.

jk2 1.02 still has a popular vq3 server. reMKoe was the fastest until he was banned for spamming names to take every top ten list. Dash may be as fast as him now but no one will know for sure.

Of the three racing servers, 1.02 had by far the fastest and most skilled players just because they play mostly ctf there unlike 1.04

Darthman is the best dueler I know, but overall skill I'd go with reMKoe.

This is a video I made back in the day from the jka race server ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuYpFPB0C_w&feature=youtu.be

best players ive ever encountered were myself, blueknight, source, and loda. top 4 players overall in jk2/jk3 in terms of strafing/fullforcing/guns/ctf/sabering. that video is quite inaccurate since they were after every1 else left strafing. currently 15 people play on ups defrag server and those times are irrelevant. never heard of rem, dash was a decent strafer but not even close to being one of the fastest lol

best players ive ever encountered were myself, blueknight, source, and loda. top 4 players overall in jk2/jk3 in terms of strafing/fullforcing/guns/ctf/sabering. that video is quite inaccurate since they were after every1 else left strafing. currently 15 people play on ups defrag server and those times are irrelevant. never heard of rem, dash was a decent strafer but not even close to being one of the fastest lol

You should post one of your own videos sometime.

JKG Developer

You can't compare JK2 with JKA and full force CTF with classic sabering. When it comes to JKA I doubt any of those CTF players could win against a top saberist in a saber only duel and most good saberists don't have a clue of force or guns.

z3filus and Ping like this

Ah yes.. the chasing skillz - in my honest opinion, learning how to poke or how to wiggle is not as cool as learning how to keep up with someone.
Not only in  CTF but even in FFA duelling: reading the opponent is most awesome in JKO & JKA - never found anything like it in other games.

Jedi Academy is a good game for the fact that you may learn anything as soon as you enter MP,  but experience always whoops ass.

Kane plays in 1.02 race server.

He's rarely in the top ten, and no neither blueknight or loda or kane or source are as fast as those guys.

They aren't as fast as fetched or rachel let alone dash or Remkoe.

Arca is probably the best player I've played with overall but he's defrag