Bit of HUD work [Coding?]

I was wondering if anyone had/could make a mod that switches between two different HUD's? One HUD when in 3rd person, another in 1st person perspective? Don't know if it's possible and may take some coding, but don't see it being TOO difficult... any ideas?

I was wondering if anyone had/could make a mod that switches between two different HUD's? One HUD when in 3rd person, another in 1st person perspective? Don't know if it's possible and may take some coding, but don't see it being TOO difficult... any ideas?

go suggest it as a ja++ feature over at japp.jkhub.org =P

Not too bad to do, I suppose. What do you need this for?

Just for a bit of realism. I wanted to make a custom HUD that was similar to one you'd see in Republic Commando, Bounty Hunter or Metroid (an inside the helmet view) but didn't want it to be shown when I was in 3rd person view.

Also if you are going to attempt it: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Crosshair_Selection;53116 There's that, but just needs to be automatic OR just set so that the 1 key changes to that normal hud and keys 2 - 0 do the helmet hud. That being said, that isn't perfect... it would eliminate the possibility of using the "Switch Weapon Left/Right" keys and having the HUD change, or any other key configuration for that matter.

Edited by Botdra
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't you use cg_hudFiles cvar to specify the .menu file to use for the HUD?

That sounds exactly like the purpose of the cvar being there 8D

Well yeah, but it wouldn't change automatically when changing between third and first person =P
  • 9 months later...

Also nobody has made you a DLL, which would fix the problem in about 2sec. If you had a .menu I could work off of for testing, I could do that.

I'm just going to bump this since I didn't realize I had requested this ages ago, and still think it would be handy.

By .menu you mean just a HUD mod to work from?