FPS Issue

+FRivan

Hello folks!

I am here trying to use your wonderful free product, but I have a FPS issue. My FPS constantly goes from good, 60+ down to 30-20 and then it bumps back up. Sometimes it goes up slowly, like 30, 31, 32 and sometimes it just snaps to perfect FPS and back.

Tried setting one core to it. Takes awhile for it to change it and even then it goes back to normal after awhile. Tried higher status, etc. Regular JKA is running perfectly, and by that, I mean the Jamp.exe.

Felt like bugging you fine people with this since I am lazy, and once again, its a interesting issue. 

com_maxfps?

Can you share the config files you have for jamp and openjk?  Some settings were increased to accommodate being 2013/2014 rather than 2003.  So the requirements are actually higher.  You're looking for jampconfig.cfg in your game folder.  And the openjk.cfg would be located in one of the mod folders within C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\OpenJK\

Please post them on a paste site like http://dpaste.de and link to them here.

Also, how are you "setting" one core, the OJK exe already does this on its own by default afaik.

Com_MaxFPS is 125.

OJK Configuration file:

https://dpaste.de/xNRq

Jamp Configuration file.

https://dpaste.de/xpJ5

Well, I go into Task Manager. It shows OJK is using all cores like Jamp, so I just set it to one. 

The thing is, I get good FPS on OJK. I get to 125, then it just crashes down to 20-10-30. I am standing still, looking at a wall. Minimum graphics. That Pr0 stuff that makes everything look bland, minimum, medium, high, no difference. It gets good then horrible, and plays jump rope.

And is it a recent version? (japp_version cvar)

Also using a recent version of OpenJK? Because it certainly should be set to use one core. Check if the com_affinity cvar exists.

Try setting cg_jplua to 0 and executing lua_reload. See if the drops still occur.

If you have many plugins installed, it could be Lua's garbage collector causing hitches.

Also may want to try these: set r_flares 0; set cg_renderToTextureFX 0

They can be pretty big performance hits.

1: Japp version is JA++, 32 bits, jun 4, 2014.

2: Com Affinity is 1.

3: I set all of those. What irks me is this though. Sometimes the FPS is good, sometimes its dropping constantly. Right now it seems solid before I did these and after this, though all day yesterday and the week before, it was impossible to get a solid, steady FPS.

While writing this, is dropped to the 60s ;(. Sad, sad me.  I dunno why, this PC is good. I can run Victoria 2, Crusader Kings 2,  SWTOR and all those other games perfectly.

Victoria 2, Crusader Kings 2

Yea these are totally graphics intensive  :lol:

...not

Without knowing whats going on on your PC its going to be hard to determine if it's even the game or something wrong on your system at this point.  :/

While writing this, is dropped to the 60s ;(. Sad, sad me.  I dunno why, this PC is good. I can run Victoria 2, Crusader Kings 2,  SWTOR and all those other games perfectly.

I wish I could get a constant 60 fps, I get between 25-42 on most maps :(

I don't think Omicron can even run rend2 :P

+Frivan Couple of things you could try:

• Make sure your graphics driver is up to date.
  • Look at Task Manager to see if there's any other processes that might cause OpenJK's CPU usage to dip occasionally. Maybe post a screenshot of Task Manager showing this list of processes too.
  • Try an older build of OpenJK to see if it still happens.

Older builds I have tried. Seems to not be a problem, as I am getting good FPS at 125 again. In a week or two, maybe three, it will start dipping again like it always does, or even tomorrow. That is what is so weird. I get 125 FPS, then it dips constantly. Its like the game is playing mind tricks on me. *-*.

Older builds I have tried. Seems to not be a problem, as I am getting good FPS at 125 again. In a week or two, maybe three, it will start dipping again like it always does, or even tomorrow. That is what is so weird. I get 125 FPS, then it dips constantly. Its like the game is playing mind tricks on me. *-*.

Windows updates are often released about every 2 weeks...just saying...

eezstreet likes this

JKG Developer

And its back....Well, I will leave you folks alone I suppose. I have nothing else running in my task manage. I killed Comodo, everything. I just...

Good FPS for a few minutes, think its fixed, and then bam. Now it wants to stick in the 20s. My goodness, Halo, CoD, everything perfectly, and a old game.