Steam

Go to solution Solved by Stoiss,

Steam Version
==============

you'll need to navigate to

C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/GameData (in your Steam folder).

To run mod, right click on Jedi Academy in your game library, and select "Set Launch Options" in the General tab Add +set fs_game "MOD FOLDER NAME" to it, and it will run MOD FOLDER NAME whenever you start Jedi Academy.Note: If you play other mods or base, you will need to remove +set fs_game "MOD FOLDER NAME" whenever you want to play that mod, then add +set fs_game "MOD FOLDER NAME" whenever you want to play MOD FOLDER NAME.

@@Serenity937 Can you also just go in-game to the setup-mods section and run them that way?

Of course, but that would take more steps, wouldn't it? :P

just by the disk for same price or cheaper. Better then steam which tends to not allow such things as mods or third party stuff.

Original post states he has no disk drive.

Steam can do it all except use UU (cos its not compatible)

TO launch mods, you open your Library -> Right click on SWJKA -> Properties -> button of "Set Launch Options" and then put in here the argument to load the mod, e.g. +set fs_game "japlus"

To install things, its just like the original game, except different path!!!

For windows 7 and Newer: DRIVE:\Program Files <x86>\Steam/steamapps/common/jedi academy/gamedata

For older than windows 7: DRIVE:\Program Files\Steam/steamapps/common/jedi academy/gamedata

Steam version is already set to run without CD, so always a plus, but other more popular mods are now recommended for stability/performance

Post here for more info, or PM me directly, been running JKA steam for 2 years now! 

Alright thank you all for the answers! Great help. One more question tho:

I know they have developer packs, like all of Lucasarts' games in one place. Would it be better to buy all of those so I can play any one I want, or just a select few such as JK3, Battlefront 2, and KotOR?

Alright thank you all for the answers! Great help. One more question tho:

I know they have developer packs, like all of Lucasarts' games in one place. Would it be better to buy all of those so I can play any one I want, or just a select few such as JK3, Battlefront 2, and KotOR?

That would depend on if you want all the games or not. The Star Wars bundle is $99, which is a good deal, but not if you only want a select few of those games. You just missed a great deal they had on the JK series a few weeks ago. Was only $7 or something. They have weekend sales and holiday sales that you could wait and see if they include any of those games in it.

Flynn likes this