Viewmodels & Ghoul2

DT.

@@eezstreet

I have a port of your code (you'll be credited in the DF2 readme ;) ) from JK2HD to DF2 almost done. It's using worldModel & skinfile, but from the weapons.dat and no json. The rotation of the model and the muzzle flash need fixing, but I'm not sure where to look and I'm pretty sure I copy-pasted everything over:

dq4oht.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@@eezstreet, I figured I should just post this here since altering the code to reorient the tags for viewmodels probably would bork other GLM models since GLM and MD3 handle tags differently. This picture should explain.

JnJQGxJ.png

So if you were say to just convert all existing MD3 view models to GLM you'd have to alter all the tags simply just because both formats do not handle tags the same way even though they both use tags which is strange IMO. Also in case most people who don't model didn't know the local transforms of a tag have absolutely no value once in GLM or MD3 format, it uses the edges and their length to determine it's new local transforms once converted.

I know this is a really late post but figured it could help people see what edge of a right triangle determines the axis in the 2 formats, from there game code dictates what axis does what. Like for instance saber blades always go along the tags -X for GLM.

Shouldn't the long edge of the triangle point in direction of effect?

Long vs Short makes no difference whatsoever, it's purely a matter of order. Which makes tags a pain to create since modeller's usually don't need to care about vertex order, so few tools support it well. Even Raven screwed it up occasionally, just look at r2's torso_head_cap.