Viewmodels & Ghoul2

DT.

Seeing as you'd be holding a weapon (except for sabers which would snap to 3rd person), only one hand would be free (left) to do the force stuff. I haven't as yet added any hands to the AK74. A tag called *l_hand to fire the effects from should work, or would that name conflict with the player model *l_hand?.

Let me know when animations are working and I'll get to work on a prototype.

Archangel35757 likes this

In the 3D Apps shouldn't tags be properly named: bolt_ ??? Just asking.

No. Bolts can be applied to tags or bones, so naming tags bolt_ isn't very accurate. Also the Raven convention is * for GLM models, tag_ for MD3 models.

EDIT: I think there's also some engine things which require the tags in GLMs to start with a '*'. I recall seeing some code which checks for if(tagName[0] == '*')

No. Bolts can be applied to tags or bones, so naming tags bolt_ isn't very accurate. Also the Raven convention is * for GLM models, tag_ for MD3 models.

EDIT: I think there's also some engine things which require the tags in GLMs to start with a '*'. I recall seeing some code which checks for if(tagName[0] == '*')

No that's not quite right... the Skelton in 3ds max uses the prefix "bolt_" and carcass converts that to *

@@DT85: The viewmodel animations are done. Some notes:

- should probably raise anim speed of firing (some frames get clipped off)

- the raising sequence needs either a faster anim or a few frames dropped off from the beginning (I had a few issues in general with this particular animation having too many frames)

lowering works like a charm though

DT. likes this

Updated the AK74: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0f4xsua1is1ofx/zzz_GLM_viewmodel.pk3

Changelog:

- Removed ROOT animation, as it was giving errors in the console most likely due to it not being in the anim list. Isn't needed, so can be left out.

- Fixed VM_RAISE to be 5 frames instead of 25 frames to match the MD3 & player model animations.

I also verified that the child bones also animate, and it's not just the root bone. Great job @@eezstreet. :D

If you're wondering why there's a slight bit of glitching - SP has a bug where the first person weapon switching animation is off by one frame, this is actually present in base if you pay close enough attention. I think the firing anim needs to have a higher anim rate imo, that would probably fix most of its issues.

(also the ROOT animation isn't used by player models either ;) )

What are your plans going forward? Perhaps you could discuss things with @@Silverfang.

Does VM_IDLE work in terms of being able to play a lengthy animation?

Reload & melee would be more mod-specific though.

EDIT:

Just tested this out, and it seems to play with  some random skipping every now and then. I suggest adding VM_READY (instead of idle as it is now) and  VM_IDLE for fidgeting?