Asset recreation?

Hi, I was just wondering if someone is working on recreating assets for standalone mods/games based on Jedi Academy. I was quite inactive in 2013 so I might have missed something but personally I think it would be awesome to have some kind of public resource of assets that everyone can use for their projects. Like... animations, effects, menus, models, maps, even if they are just placeholders.

Biggest problem with asset recreation are the animations. It's a massive job to redo 20,000+ frames.

Yes, but then again it would be easier if those people who are able to do animations would do it for everyone instead of everyone doing it for theirselves.

What I meant are replacements of all needed files (like animations, gfx and menus) that are used by the engine and that need to be there in order for the game to start. And at least one map, at least one playermodel etc...

I didn't mean to copy the style of the current assets (like exact copies of the current maps) which wouldn't be a good idea anyway, as the layouts are copyrighted as well (even though you wouldn't get any issues as long as you don't sell your game (I hope I don't start another porting-discussion)).

Circa likes this

People could submit original assets that could be used to replace the base. I assume this has to do with total-conversion mods?

I think it could serve a good purpose here too, probably mostly when it comes to assets used in maps (which is the main aim here). While there's not anything in the way of making and submitting animations, menus and maps, I think people who made standalone mods or other things that require all-new assets would prefer to make animations, menus and maps (etc) specific to their mod.

Projects like replacing all animations are welcome, but I suspect it may be just as relevant to be put somewhere on JKHub directly. The main area I've had in mind is for all sorts of assets that could be used in your modding as an alternative to either the base assets, or as an alternative to porting assets, or modifying various googled content.