Darth Maul

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm merely concerned about...

the lack of TCW variants. plus a new savage model

Okay, I'll stfu because considering what you just did--which was pretty amazing, considering the head looked different when I saw it in ModView--made my heart warm in ways you can't imagine. No, not that way.

I do have one concern. I don't like how his mouth is slightly open when he has no facial expression. If you open him in ModView and use the FACE_TALK0 anim, that's how it would look better imo.

@: I think DT85 has been perfectly clear that he is only focussing on what he sees in Episode 1 (Great work, DT!) :winkthumb:

If you'd like to skin the model with his permission, go ahead, but I think he's made his viewpoint quite clear.

I will never give up, @@therfiles. Never.

But I did say that this is good enough a gift as it already is, so...

Anyway, yeah. Should definitely close the mouth on the model, not let it remain open even in the slightest. Maul is too professional to do that. O.o

There's some spec for boots, gloves, belt & head. I may need to tweak.

Try the taunt sound to verify the sound set is linked correctly. I may have uploaded a slightly older Pk3.

Try the taunt sound to verify the sound set is linked correctly. I may have uploaded a slightly older Pk3.

Sounds work fine.

Tested it. My only problem is, the arm flaps. I think they should be weighted to the torso fully. Not sure how to explain it.

efe76e.jpg
cb1c83.jpg

Actually I did test the taunts,gloat,and flourish options, and I jumped to see if Maul made a sound which he didn't sadly. I was testing it on SP, but maybe the sounds and some other features of the model are only meant for MP not sure.

Perhaps it was because of a download or something I'll redownload the file just to check.

Once you try it on SP tell me the result.

Ah, forgot SP was weird about sounds. Taunt is really weird in SP. It doesn't use the taunt sounds, it uses other ones. So using taunt with any sound set using the "snd" command (e.g. snd jedi) gives you the same result. But I have improved the likelihood of hearing his actual taunt sounds in SP, and also added another sound. So his NPC will also give a little more sound.

@@DT85 can you replace the sounds with this one instead? Also, the NPC itself is set to the player's team. Not sure if that was intentional or not. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h96hurj6tfp1n3b/maul2.zip

DT. likes this

Since @@Circa is the one in charge of the sounds, here's what I advise:

1. Make sure you have TFU

2. Enter the Darth Maul boss fight on Raxus Prime

3. Turn off all sounds except for voice volume

4. Record

5. Convert to MP3

6. Cut the Maul sounds individually so you don't have to wait a minute to hear them (they're most frequent during the ending combat sequence)

7. Make them work with DT's model.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have any audio editing software or recording programs that take up 4GB every 30 seconds. But I honestly think it'd be worth it, considering it's a specific portrayal of Maul's voice. And before you jump to conclusions about which era of Maul DT is working on, keep in mind that the Maul from TFU is supposed to resemble TPM Maul.

Thanks if you considered my advice. I honestly think it would be worth the effort--but not worth the money TFU costs, assuming you don't have it.

4. Record

5. Convert to MP3

6. Cut the Maul sounds individually so you don't have to wait a minute to hear them (they're most frequent during the ending combat sequence)

I'd do it myself, but I don't have any audio editing software or recording programs that take up 4GB every 30 seconds. But I honestly think it'd be worth it, considering it's a specific portrayal of Maul's voice. And before you jump to conclusions about which era of Maul DT is working on, keep in mind that the Maul from TFU is supposed to resemble TPM Maul.

Thanks if you considered my advice. I honestly think it would be worth the effort--but not worth the money TFU costs, assuming you don't have it.

Since you're so hell bent on getting those sounds in, try this Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/)

It's free and works fine for recordings. You can easily chop up the sounds afterwards. 

Seeing how the sounds are such a big deal here, maybe you'd care to lend these gents a hand with them? If you want to replace certain sounds, you can open up the.pk3 with WinZip and choose which ones to target. In all fairness, DT85's done a lot to push this through. Trying to squeeze him for "the sounds aren't accurate enough" just doesn't seem fair...in all honesty, if you want these in then you can put in a little effort and cook them up for DT85. I'm sure you'll also feel very good about yourself having contributed to polishing this awesome creation. No offense but this is just my 2 cents here.

Jeff, Omicron and Circa like this

No offense, but I find the sounds to be kind of derpy. Not very Maul-like imo.

I advise using TCW sounds or as I mentioned before, relying on TFU. And I'm sure the starwars.com soundboard might have something.

Sounds are easy to replace, Palpatine. If you send me the sound files you'd like, I can convert them and custom package a PK3 for you (and anyone else that would like TCW series voice instead).

Absolutely amazing work, DT! Congrats on a fabulous release!

4. Record

5. Convert to MP3

The Maul is from the films why the hell would you want the crappy sounds from video games when it already has authentic sounds from the films. Your getting on my nerves with all the stupid ass suggestions and requests. Just take the time and effort and do it yourself.

Great model DT it's perfect. Thanks for all your work.

Bek, Futuza and Dumah 11523 like this

The Maul is from the films why the hell would you want the crappy sounds from video games when it already has authentic sounds from the films. Your getting on my nerves with all the stupid ass suggestions and requests. Just take the time and effort and do it yourself.

Guys, seriously! Why all the hostility? What kind of attitude is this? Why can't we just accommodate to everyone's needs? Patience. We're not dogs, we don't need to lash at each other. There are better ways.

negru_tudor likes this

I think we should be able to fix that with the proper shader. I think I'll have a look into it.

yeah, a shiny spec, or just changing the texture would do it, but probably the latter as he first could look a bit unnatural