So uh, Kell Dragons...

How.

This is very likely going to be the most difficult NPC to pull off. Drugon, not so much. But the Kell Dragon, and making it work right in JKA? WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOLLY WHAT A TASK. See, this is always what I wanted to see the Dark Forces mod pull off, NPC wise, but they never did.

So uh. How do we tackle this thing? Even moreso, how on earth do we make it look right? Let's stay far, far away from the SWTOR iteration.

rig to howler skele

kell dragon

dtl1.jpg

howler

6ihs.jpg

very simple. now all u need is a model

you could even import the howler model from jka into a 3d program and very easily tweak it a bit to work for you

fatten and shorten the neck and head maybe puff out the torso and arms and legs a bit n shrink those spikes. i see that being ridiculously simple

There's a Kell dragon in DF2?

Anyways, not that hard to make a new skeleton + animations but I'll probably just strap it to the Howler GLA. :P

Yeah there's like three. One in the tower, two in the valley of the jedi, all very, very hard to kill. Look 'em up, they're ferocious.

I disagree with using the howler. This is the sort of thing that needs to be executed perfectly.

I know I have only skills in concept art here, which I need to finish.

But I can say this much. We can't cut a single corner, or rehash already kind of bad NPCs like the howler. This Kell Dragon will basically have to be made, rigged, coded from scratch to be perfect... And while there's only three in the game...

I think this menace deserves it more than almost any foe in the game.

What I ask, is do we go with the stegosaurus plates, or the really nasty spikes? I feel that we can go with both. Perhaps I can sketch something up.

• 8 months later...

rig to howler skele

kell dragon

dtl1.jpg

howler

6ihs.jpg

very simple. now all u need is a model

you could even import the howler model from jka into a 3d program and very easily tweak it a bit to work for you

fatten and shorten the neck and head maybe puff out the torso and arms and legs a bit n shrink those spikes. i see that being ridiculously simple

Think you mistook a Krayt Dragon for a kell...

If you make a test with some kind of Howler model or an alpha model of this beast, you can use the ScaleX ScaleY and ScaleZ, in the NPC file for scaling of the three axes,. if you use scalex, the monster the more large. ;)

the width and height command of Npcs files are used for fix the bounding box of the NPC for collision, and hit of the weapons against body. you can found example on that on fhe howler, minemonster, mouse, interrogator and ATST . NPC files. :)