Any Interest in a DF2 Remake?

reminds me when I started exploring a rogue squadron remake in JKA

Flight in JA is absolutely god aweful, would be much better suited to another engine, check out Fate of the Galaxy mod.

I might be interested, I love DF2. The most help you'll need is talented mappers who can recreate the levels and good texture artists. Only a small amount of coding, modeling and animation need to be done.

I bought DF for steam a while back and beat it, pretty fun, dark troopers and boba fett had your heart beating fast, intense battles.

The first DF mod definitely needs to be finished, there are tons of registered users on this site, people just have to want it enough to take the challenge.

He hasn't been on lucasforums for over a year. Anyways, I got bored tonight:

q5.png

Sign flickers on/off. The textures you see are mostly DF2Mod's recreated textures from their website with one or two Raven textures. :P

Circa likes this

^That would be a tough decision when it comes to altering the game. Are there any areas in particular that should be improved upon other than the graphics?

I definitely wouldn't want to recreate the old combat system that DF2 uses, would be best to keep the saber combat as it is in base JA. The real work would be some of the unique bosses like, Gorc, Pic and Maw when it comes to models and animations.

DT. and Circa like this

My main goal is to get a path to 8T88 mapped out, then I'll add some other stuff. I'm still learning radiant though. I'll most likely need someone's help in finishing this map but I can at least do the structure, npc and player spawn lol. :P

Circa likes this