Any pro jka jumpers out there?

I'm looking for some pro jumpers (not necessarily strafing) but those with strong accuracy, mobility, and agility on land and in air.

I’m working on a map mod (Bramble Gambol 3) and I might make a hall of fame area for pros who’ve completed most or all of the courses (in the previous maps) that rely on those skills.  I know a couple who are good, but it’d be nice to find a couple more.  Perhaps they can help me beta test the courses that are upcoming in the new map as well besides being featured in the training area for inspiration to new jumpers, lol.

If you haven’t played the past map courses that is fine, I just need to play with you sometime on them to see if you’re good and see your skills in action.

If you know anyone or are someone who’s good at that stuff, let me know.

B)

Lol I'm terrible at this sort of thing.  Impressive, though I would recommend some better texture indicators, like maybe a directional shader on the propulsion buckets (is that what they're called?  Lol), so one can tell more clearly where they're intended to shoot you off to.

JKG Developer

Hey HiddenSpy! I've beaten most of your courses, some of them, (such as ones that are pure barrel jumping) I could not beat, but I would be willing to help, I have a few ideas for your 3rd bramble gambol map.

EDIT: I definitely wouldn't say I'm a PRO jumper, more like intermediate, I spent hours beating most of the courses on the two maps, HOURS! 

What would you define as "pro"?

Lol I'm terrible at this sort of thing.  Impressive, though I would recommend some better texture indicators, like maybe a directional shader on the propulsion buckets (is that what they're called?  Lol), so one can tell more clearly where they're intended to shoot you off to.

Yea I thought of that too.  Best thing here to do (or at least the idea I like best), is to make dotted line arcs that are translucent that connect each barrel/waypoint.  Maybe animated arrows too for certain land based areas.  However, that is a ton of work, so I'm not sure if I want to do that this time.  It would also make it a heck of a lot easier which I'm aiming for toughness.  I generally leave it to the player to estimate speed and distance which is what makes it challenging.  I could maybe have a button to turn them on and off, but most would leave it on I think.

Hey HiddenSpy! I've beaten most of your courses, some of them, (such as ones that are pure barrel jumping) I could not beat, but I would be willing to help, I have a few ideas for your 3rd bramble gambol map.

EDIT: I definitely wouldn't say I'm a PRO jumper, more like intermediate, I spent hours beating most of the courses on the two maps, HOURS! 

What would you define as "pro"?

uhhh, good question, how would I define pro... lol.  Well there was a guy I was playing with a week ago, who did some of these on his first try (he never played these before), and the others in a few tries.  Of course, some courses took a lot longer, but the main point I would point out is that he adapted fast and in general moved 'gracefully' as I would put it, lol.  I mean anyone could do these eventually, given enough time, but someone like him had so much experience with jumping that it didn't take long to master most courses.  That said, if you want my opinion on if your pro or not I'd just have to see you play and how well you move in general.  Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

Tutorials plz. :P

Actually in the next map, the one I'm working on now, there will be a beginners area which contains simplified versions (and no green killers or smashers) of all the concepts I cover in the courses.  They are short and easy.  That's where I'm looking to put a hall of fame at.

Just reminding you, you will get dramatically diff results from those force pushes based on what fps ur using.

com_maxfps 125 etc

Yup.  I usually test with a high and then a low frame rate to make sure they can be done in each.  Obviously difficulty may vary then depending on the course and framerate.

Yea I thought of that too.  Best thing here to do (or at least the idea I like best), is to make dotted line arcs that are translucent that connect each barrel/waypoint.  Maybe animated arrows too for certain land based areas.  However, that is a ton of work, so I'm not sure if I want to do that this time.  It would also make it a heck of a lot easier which I'm aiming for toughness.  I generally leave it to the player to estimate speed and distance which is what makes it challenging.  I could maybe have a button to turn them on and off, but most would leave it on I think.

How about you have a switch that can be turned on only after you've beaten the course?

JKG Developer

Might be worth testing on OpenJK with pmove_float 1, which removes framerate-dependent jumps/gravity :>

I don't know anything about openjk, but if you made such a change would it be server specific or would you need to download a whole new version of the game to see the change?

How about you have a switch that can be turned on only after you've beaten the course?

Well people could just grapple hook to the end or use god mode, but still a triggered effect in some form is a good idea.

My max framerate is 50FPS, just so you know. Could that be why I fail a lot of jumps? xD.

Well, a higher fps usually shoots ya a bit faster.  Shortly after creating BG2 I realized this.  I tested it in low fps.  So usually it's the high fps that have some trouble in certain areas, one example being Full Bloom.  You can still beat it with high fps, you just really gotta be good.

So if anyone uses xfire, add me and we'll do some jumping sometime on my private server.

BUUUUUUU,UUUUU, buuu want to say that , he likes ur work, love this map, but he has a question, can u play this map in multyplayer or just solo, because i would like to play with some friends, and o yea buuuuu wants to seee more of ur maps, make ur own website and make buuuu happy, or else u will be transformed into chocolate, are we clear(well buuu cant download from jk file front crap it doesnt let me , it hates buuuu), soooo share more of ur work.

BUUUUUUU,UUUUU, buuu want to say that , he likes ur work, love this map, but he has a question, can u play this map in multyplayer or just solo, because i would like to play with some friends, and o yea buuuuu wants to seee more of ur maps, make ur own website and make buuuu happy, or else u will be transformed into chocolate, are we clear(well buuu cant download from jk file front crap it doesnt let me , it hates buuuu), soooo share more of ur work.

This is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen. :D

xD lol. The map is just a map, it can be played solo, online with friends, or in single player, whatever you want xD.

Circa likes this

I'll put a website on my to do list.  I'm just so busy at the moment...  you know, trying to reach super saiyan 3 and all that.

• 2 weeks later...