MOD Suggestion: The Old Republic Mod

Heres an idea to convert JKA SP into a TOR modification. 

- Replaces Luke and Kyle with Jedi Robed versions of them

-----> http://jkhub.org/files/file/622-kyle-katarn-in-jedi-robes/

-----> http://jkhub.org/files/file/200-jedi-master-tunic-luke-skywalker/

- Replaces Stormtroopers and Imperial officers with Sith Troopers (Skin of choice) 

- Reborns and Cultists are replaced with this: 

-----> http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Rebas14s_Dark_Jedi;76418

Anything else is really up to the creator. 

What do you guys think???? :)

Well then in the nicest way possible I would say don't look forward to anyone picking this up, there aren't many modders which is why we try to encourage others to learn like we did to try to strengthen the community.

Not trying to be rude. But I just don't have time to sit down and create mods from scratch. There are some talented builders and modders and I was merely throwing my ball in the park. 

I understand what you're getting at. I always get annoyed when people say that to me as well. This is the request section after all.

I might think about doing it since it's incredibly simple.

That being said, they are right that it's the easiest thing to do in modding. Don't be daunted by the word and concept of modding, a lot of it is very simple. In this case, it's a matter of combining said models into one folder and renaming some lines in their NPC text files. If you ever want to start getting your feet wet in modding, it's a great way to.

LordDesann likes this

Not trying to be rude. But I just don't have time to sit down and create mods from scratch. There are some talented builders and modders and I was merely throwing my ball in the park. 

With the amount of time used to write up all those posts, you could have had a big chunk of the work done already. It's not even that hard to begin with.

ChalklYne and Circa like this

With the amount of time used to write up all those posts, you could have had a big chunk of the work done already. It's not even that hard to begin with.

Your missing the point. If I was looking for suggestions on me modding this on my own. I would have posted this somewhere else? This is "Mod Requests and SUGGESTIONS right?" 

I am suggesting this, its that simple. 

Jeff and Circa like this

Your missing the point. If I was looking for suggestions on me modding this on my own. I would have posted this somewhere else? This is "Mod Requests and SUGGESTIONS right?" 

I am suggesting this, its that simple. 

My sentiment is, and I presume the sentiment of others is, is that it would be great if you could take the time to learn how to do even a simple thing such as NPC modding. In my opinion, when people take the initiative like this, they are demonstrating that they care enough about the game to make new/different content. I like to see other people that care, personally, and I wouldn't want to see my efforts go into one person's 2-5 hours of enjoyment. I like to maximize my reach however I can.

Also, I don't think people want to spend time making something as simple as this? I dunno, there's some people that might take up the request, it just isn't really my cup of tea personally.

My sentiment is, and I presume the sentiment of others is, is that it would be great if you could take the time to learn how to do even a simple thing such as NPC modding. In my opinion, when people take the initiative like this, they are demonstrating that they care enough about the game to make new/different content. I like to see other people that care, personally, and I wouldn't want to see my efforts go into one person's 2-5 hours of enjoyment. I like to maximize my reach however I can.

Also, I don't think people want to spend time making something as simple as this? I dunno, there's some people that might take up the request, it just isn't really my cup of tea personally.

Hey eez, you probably shouldn't venture into the Mod Requests & Suggestion forum too often if you get like this with people's requests. :P

It's a valid request. Not everyone wants to get into modding and that's perfectly understandable. 

I probably shouldn't be on this forum period if I get like this, seeing as how I get plenty of requests / help wanted ads in my PM box. Still, I'd like to see more people take the initiative, like I mentioned.

Anyhow, I admire that you're taking the time to handle it.

The main thing that's really odd is that you can download and play TOR for free, why try to emulate it through this game when it would take loads of work to even come close? I could understand an action type game seeing as all other games like TFU for instance have horrible saber combat compared to JO/JA. Maybe you've already played TOR though and realized how it's nowhere near as fun as SWG was.

eezstreet and Circa like this

It actually seems more like a KOTOR mod rather than a TOR mod. The skins he wants to use are more KOTOR-esque. 

I like that as well. 

I'm simply not into creating mods. I admire the enthusiasm and encouragement for people to start modding. But thats not my cup of tea ;)

Circa likes this