Suitcase Saber

Well, the only one I plan to use is the realistic, without blade version. When Delta puts up the file anyone else is welcome to do what they please with it :P

you know i might put op both versions

if anybody can help me with this uv map/texture problem

for some reason the suitcase is black on one side and fine on the other side and some sides are just plain screwed up.

but in blender it looks fine

blender

2jb6rh2.jpg

md3 view and ingame

2vuj0xy.jpg

i've tried to make the uv map again but it didn't work

any suggestions?

If you made this in 3ds Max, make sure you reset xform on the mesh and collapse the stack. Any surfaces that are flipped you will now notice, then all you need do is flip them back to normal. I would also do an editable normals modifier and make sure all your mesh's normals are unified. ;)

I'd hazard a guess that your normals are inverted on those sides that are black.

well i tried to flip them and they still showed up black

also other parts of the model's texture is weird

2gvj6mh.jpg

bffhwh.jpg

i tried to uvmap it all again but it didn't work

is it because i used a mirror modifier when i modeled it?

i did apply it before i unwrapped the uvmap

here is what the uvmap it self looks like

jg5oih.jpg

okay i've been playing around with the model trying to fix the problem and something funny is going on here.

i tried to unwrap the uvmap again but this time i just left the way it was unwrapped i didn't clean it up or anything

then i exported the model as a md3 but it still used the old uvmap like the changes i made never happend.

so i tried again and made sure i saved the changes but it still used the same old uvmap on the model

so ether md3 exporter somehow saves it's own version of the model or md3 view does but since there

is no working md3 importer for blender i have to way to check it.

i know it sounds a bit confusing but i have no idea how else to explain it

i'm gonna try to play a bit more with it and see if i can find anything.

Because the sheer hilarity of a highly advanced plasma blade coming out of a normal everyday suitcase is too funny to pass up. Though it would be equally as funny if you beat your opponents with a suitcase.

Being able to block superheated blades of heat and light with a mere suitcase of power is very LOL in my humble opinion.  :D

JKG Developer

well i've tried to reinstall blender and all the addons

but to no avail :(

i think i'm just gonna try to start over from scratch

but if anyone wanna try to take a look at the old model and possibly try to find a solution your free to do so

http://www.mediafire.com/?m1y355d34f3imu8

if you find out what the problem is please let me know.

screwing around with it. Its been a while since I have made and converted files. I will have to install stuff. @@

Ok, I have taken a look at it. It seems the UVW mapping is wrong in the md3 file. (convertion error?)

If you want I could just remake the model using the same suitcase texture. :P

I'm on the case...

Same as above, it looks like some of the UV shells were destroyed on export, they show up as tiny dot in the UV editor (that usually means no UV coordinates were applied). If you shifted overlapped UV shells out of the editor window, it's possible the md3 plugin / md3viewer / JA doesn't know what to do and simply blanks the coordinates.

P.S.: a 1024x1024 texture is overkill, could've easily fitted a 512. I guess modern hardware won't have a problem with it ;) /rant off

Edited by Psyk0Sith

you know i might put op both versions

if anybody can help me with this uv map/texture problem

for some reason the suitcase is black on one side and fine on the other side and some sides are just plain screwed up.

but in blender it looks fine

blender

2jb6rh2.jpg

md3 view and ingame

2vuj0xy.jpg

i've tried to make the uv map again but it didn't work

any suggestions?

Zbrush will sometimes flip my uv map vertically for some reason when I hand paint something, then I have to bring it back into XSI and flip it back. It would give me about the same texture problem you were referring to... black on one side and screwed up textures... because it's upside down. Maybe that happened? Go back to the old one, open your texture file and flip it vertically, then save it and see if that fixed it... if not, try and go back to the texture before flipping it vertically, and flip it horizontally. Not important now I know, but still theres a good possibility that's what happened and maybe Blender likes to play games with the Uv's as well as Zbrush?

Looks good, Has a good width to it. I really like the texture. However, I believe it needs to be about half the size in its length and height. Certainly was bigger in game than it looked in your screenshots. Is this a different version than the one you tested? The one you screenshotted looks a lot better scale wise.

Here's how big it was in my game. I drew a red box on it to guesstimate approximately how big it should be.

shot0060_zps244b37ee.jpg