Dwarf Spider Droid & Other Models

Well, the vehicle version of it functions a lot better than the npc version, but in SP, for what you are doing, you can overwrite the AT-ST and it functions perfectly.  Of coarse, you will need to edit the vehicle weapons and all, but you'll figure that out when the time comes.

yeah i just wasted like the better part of an hour trying to fix up that aat... its crap. even if i fixed it all... the thing was modelled kind of janky and it wouldnt be optimized at all buncha wasted verts here n there.. everything is segmented like.. by faces? so say the turret.. isnt a group.. a couple faces of it are.. then a couple faces go to another group etc.. and even if i merged it all real nicely id have to go back n pretty much start each peice over to optimize it for better gameplay.. so uhhh.. mini.. u wanna finish yers dude?

faces duplicated.. verts not welded for like half of the verts cylinders with 20 sides simple geometry instead of extruded is just mashed separate geometry together.. yeah i cant do it.. and still b able to sleep at nights knowing i let it happen lol

@@ChalklYne, it was an annoying model to make because of lack of reference for the turret, I may just import the SWBF2 model as well as the model Hatrus put out just to get things moving even though I feel like I'm ripping it off doing it that way but at this point with the lack of reference I have no motivation.

So, is anyone interested in making a Dwarf Spider Droid model?  As far as I know, making the model itself shouldn't take too long, I can make a pretty good one in GTKRadiant in less than an hour, but of coarse doing this is pointless because it is made of of inanimate map brushes.  Texturing may take a little longer, and I have no idea how long animating takes, but I assume that it is a relatively long process.

Well, I have tried to learn to model before.  I have watched tutorials, and read forums, but I just can't figure out certain things.  If I am to learn how to model, I need someone to walk me through the process step by step.

My skateboard wheels say "minilogo" on them xD

And eventually I will learn how to model, I just need to get myself set up first.  When I first downloaded GTKRadiant, I couldn't even figure out how to make a single brush.  Even after I began to make little maps, I couldn't figure out how to compile them correctly.  I feel that I will have similar issues when I learn how to make shapes in any modeling software.  Also, I can't figure out how to export vehicles, let alone texture them...  :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...