OpenJK General Topic

eezstreet

Those commands crash MP unless you vid_restart once the map has loaded. Which is just irritating if you're in a server as it'll crash every map switch and then you have to reset to 4:3 res, then vid_restart with those settings and redraw map once its loaded.

I know its one of the first things you fixed but is there any way that particular fix could be put out as a stand-alone release for the average Joe soonish? Seeing as how waiting for EVERYTHING to be finished will presumably take some time.

Circa likes this

I guess I never had so much of a problem because I don't ever use the server list, I'd either know the address or I use xfire to store all my favs and connect/launch from there. Main one was the menu just for testing models, I had to just start up my home hosted server and connect through console.

Guys... I said it only works via server list, and doesn't via anything else! Also I know it has been fixed eez, please observe previous posts where I wondered if there was gonna be a stand-alone widescreen patch around a bit earlier than the entire rest of the update?

DANKE.

Or maybe add some extra option like 'Allow HUD to stretch? YES/NO' ..

I wouldn't think that option would be necessary, as I can't think for a reason why you would want a stretched HUD. Probably best if it is just fixed.

What's wrong with widescreen? It's perfectly fine, ignoring the HUD stretching which is easily fixed under mod code..

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!

Are you trolling on purpose? :D

Theres nothing wrong with widescreen. In fact, I love widescreen. Except it crashes my MP unless I go through the laborious process outlined in previous posts. SO was hoping someone would put out a stand-alone patch to fix it before the rest of open JK.

*kills self*

Guys, listen to Szico, if you're testing maps or models and want to QUICKLY go into game and do /map or /devmap to see your stuff in game it WILL CRASH every time if you're using the widescreen workaround with /r_mode -1/-2. What he wants is a FIX so it DOESN'T CRASH when using these commands, I should also point out that it crashes even when selecting a map in say solo mode. The only work around I know of is since I had a home hosted server set up already I would set it to the map I wanted and /connect to my own server then say spawn my AT-RT and test it that way since going through the menu doesn't work.

No one really cares about the stretching HUD, and if they did they're like me, too lazy to make new files that compensate for the stretch since I'm sure that's all it would take.

Guys, listen to Szico, if you're testing maps or models and want to QUICKLY go into game and do /map or /devmap to see your stuff in game it WILL CRASH every time if you're using the widescreen workaround with /r_mode -1/-2. What he wants is a FIX so it DOESN'T CRASH when using these commands, I should also point out that it crashes even when selecting a map in say solo mode. The only work around I know of is since I had a home hosted server set up already I would set it to the map I wanted and /connect to my own server then say spawn my AT-RT and test it that way since going through the menu doesn't work.

FFS, I said like 10 times that this issue has been fixed. (It's listed on the OP...) Do people know how to read? I was saying that nothing is wrong with it in OpenJK at this point aside from HUD stretching..

And if you're so inclined you can just grab the most recent version from buildbot links on the project page.

I cant find any reference in the 15+pages i looked through for widescreen fixes :|

Why aren't those builds organised by date? :|

Finally, and most importantly....how do I use the files Ive downloaded? Extracted to JKA/cant run the executables... something about not having openAL.dll

Edit: Nevermind, it goes into gamedata not install. Cheers!

The builds are organized alphabetically, and they're named by hash, which is easily determined from the Github page for each commit.

Anyway, just copy openjk.x86.exe into Gsmedata, you don't need or probably want the other crap.

I talked with some of you guys about this before.. but did you guys want to vote on converting JA MP code to C++?  I could list some of the pros that most of you are aware of like classes, template programming etc, and cons being you can't use void pointers and negligible build and run time performance loss.  I'm in favorite of it because of the features and being able to port fixes and features between sp and mp MUCH more easily.  If we vote yes i'm willing to make a branch and do the grunt work and if it works merge it back in.  Would you guys just want to vote on the board or in the irc channel.. or not at all :P?