OpenJK General Topic

eezstreet

Well, it worked, as in the menu displays correctly, however, once I start a new game, the game immediately crashes. I noticed on github.com the mention of a modified jk2gamex86.dll to run it. Is that correct?

The error I'm getting is this:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    openjk_sp.x86.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.1.1
  Application Timestamp:    519a5f48
  Fault Module Name:    openjk_sp.x86.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.1.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:    519a5f48
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000324a2
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Yes. You need to run the game with the jk2gamex86.dll that compiles with OpenJK.

Thought so. Thanks. So, where do I get this dll?

Buildbot (possibly) does not distribute it or puts it in the fabulous_openjk.pk3. Look there.

fabulous_openjk.pk3 doesn't contain it and Buildbot doesn't distribute it as you said. The documentation says it should be in codejk2, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, thought I should add that the Jedi Academy Single Player campaign works perfectly for me.

Hello! Yu already know me in chat, eezstreet , do yu remember? the italian boy that wanna do a fantasy mod on jedi knight game?

Really, i try to lean C++ but ... programmation is not my ability :s i am more good like mapper or modeller, or scripter or efx or modder.

i see the magistral work yu conitnue to do to the code, but i wait to download the project becayse more time pass, more better is. :D

I have a little request:

i can resolve much of my trouble with the gameplay of my mod if... ehm...

well, add new weapons slots and force powers, or unlock single player weapon of NPC for the player, too, or "clone" a weapon creating a new slot with different efx and damage parameter, well, okay, damage with open jk can be set in weapon.dat, very nice this implementation. uff this i svery HARD to do, so i not ask this.

i think to my problem for some month and i found another solution

hthe solution is: creagint comamnd parameter for NPC, WEAPONS and SAB filesthat allow to JA to be like an RPG in damage , like KOTOR. for example. not should be wonderful? :D

Ehm... the think i wanna ask is:

can yu add on the open jk the follows commands for weapons.dat and sab files, so all modder in futre can create every kind of sword and weapons?? O.o

the command needed is:

For weapons.dat and also, for sabers.

poison : if set to 1, projectile or blade hit make poison like interrogator droid melee, if set to -1 the projectile can recover HP instenad of leave. note for saber: poison is only for hit npc, not for hit func_breakable

poisondamage: for weapons. dat e sab file:amount of Health point that recover or subctract every second.

poisonaltdamage: dmg of poison for alt attack, only for weapins.dat

poisonsplashdamage: splash radius of poison when projectile or sword hit a surfaces or a body

poisonaltsplashdamage:: splash radius of alt attack of weapon for poison projectile.

classdamaged (name of the class that can get differenzial dmg from the weapon, like DEMP2 is deadly for the droids class but unuseful for others. this allow to a sword, or a weapon, to be more dangerous for a class :D ) example: classdamage CLASS_GRAN

classdamage2 CLASS_WEEQUAY etc etc.

mmax amount of class that can get differenzial damage: emm, almost ten. O.o

classdamage: for sab and weapons.dat: if set to 1: amount of dmg. (make a weapon get differenzial damage on the class in the previous list.

example: : If classdamaged2 is CLASS_GRAN, classdamage2 set the damage for the GRAN class. little complicated, but this function allow rto create EVERY KIND of sword or weapons... a sword that slaam the drois, or a deadly sword of the force that not do dmg to the droid but can do dmg to the living forms! O.o

splashclassdamaged and splashclassdamage: like the previous, but set the damage of the splashradius parameter for this classes.

example: splashclassdamaged3: CLASS_GRAN and splashclassdamage3: 250 : Gran class hitted by splashradius of weapon or sword get the differenrial damage of 250 instead of default value of weapon O.o

Special parameter for weapons and swords:

this paramters is like moveanim and

animspeedscaledamage: Like animspeedscale value, but affected enemy hitted NOT, the player that use weapon or sword.: ns hit weapon hit slow animation of enemy movement by the value by 0 to 1 for a certain time. 0 is nothinmg, 1 is animation freezed.

animspeedscaledamagetime: amount of second that during the efx of slowing \ freezing, animation

movespeedscaledamage: like animspeedscale but reduce movemend speed of walk, run and yaw of enemy of amount, set by 0 to 1. 1 freeze enemy movement.

movespeedscaledamagetime: number of second of slow or freezing movement of enemy

Stun\ blinding \ sonic weapons for sab and weapons.dat

Blinddamage: the enemy hitted by the weaoon or sword reduce his visrange to this value.

blindtime: amoont of second of reduced visrange. O.o

sonicdamage: the enemy hitted by the weapon or the sword reduce the earshot to this value.

sonictime: amunt of second of duration of sonic dmg.

Hitanim: when  the enemy get hitted by this projectile or sword, do the animation BOTH_(NAME) specified. so, if enemy get hitted bu u a sonic sword or a sonicweapon can do BOTH_SONICPAIN animation (see the howlers sonic attack)

For NPC files:

weaponsresistance: name of the weapon the NPC has a resistance.

resistanceamount: name of the dmg absorbed by NPC.

for example: if a create an NPC called magma_elemental. and i set in NPC file weaponsresistance WP_BLASTER, weaponresistance WP_THERMAL and mod blaster for be a fireball thrower weappons and WP_THERMAL for be a fire grande weapons, and set weaponresistanceamount by 0 to 1 in decimal value, this NPC absorb this damage in proportional: so, if the elemental of magma has set this comand to 1 in the two cases, mmm become IMMUNE of the damage of BLASTER AND THERMAL :D

mmm, okay, i not have other to ask.

Ehm, why ask if is possible to add this command to weapons and sab files? well, because so is possible to create with modding:

poison \ healing spells \ weapojns blade, \ projectiles.

freezing and slowing spells, \ weapojns \ blade \ projectiles

elemental weapons .

Ok, if yu like my idea... tell me. i will follow this topic. :D

bye!

I'm trying to compile the code in CMake myself but I keep getting the error: "Error in configuration process, project files may be invalid."
I'm using Visual Studio 11 as a compiler, which I have.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it. I think my folder Addresses were too long. Moved the source code so it would have a smaller address, which seems to have done the trick.

2nd Edit: Will I be able to generate Open-JK's jk2gamex86.dll with this? If not, how would I be able to?

3rd Edit: Didn't compile jk2gamex86.dll, so how do I compile it?

I apologize for asking so many questions.

Oh and I already have +set com_jk2 1 placed in a shortcut file. Alternatively in a bat file too. My problem is that selecting a new game in Jedi Outcast Singleplayer immediately crashes OpenJK as the game tries to load the first level. This is because I don't have Open-JK's jk2gamex86.dll. Can't seem to compile it myself either.

Ridley, i see a thing with visual solution:

that's is the procedure of build

1 - download open jk

2 - open and save the solution "jediacademy" with visual studio

3 - in build, yu need to check the box options of the bulding start only the final compilation and the relase. the debug compilation can crash for every stupid minimal synxat error issue not recognized by visual studio.

4 - yu get he dll and exe in the "bin" folder

5- when yu start a new compilation, delete or cut by the bin folder the previous exe or dil because i see that put old dll and exe in the folder bin , give me error and stop the build.

That's all for get thje compilation. after. yu do a back up of original EXE and jax86.dll file (so yu can use again if yu ghave trouble without reistanll ja or jo by zero) and put in another folder of gamedata . i created in gamedata a folder called "originalexe, and put a copy of jasp.exe and ja86.dll :)

Amazing…still can't run the game. It now gets to the "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" sometimes before crashing as it can't find some stuff.

Also, with Visual Studio 11, I'm getting 128 Errors when I am compiling. This is only with 'Final Build' and 'Release.' 'Debug' is unchecked

I'd hate to be that guy to request something but is there a chance you guys will fix the broken riderAnim line for walker type vehicles? It's the main thing keeping me from wanting to finish my AT-RT since the swoop or tauntaun rider animations don't fit and I wouldn't want to overwrite them in turn breaking something else just to make this vehicle work.

It doesn't work, like for my AT-RT I want it set as a walker mainly for the way it behaves as an npc and if I make it as a mount (tauntaun) the character tries to swing a saber when firing the main cannon. If I set it as a walker class it shows no rider, I think there is also a command for that as well, to show the driver, not sure what it's called though.

I can send over the pk3, just ignore the placeholder textures and the fact that the run animation is just a sped up walk animation since I lost motivation because of it not working properly.

Well, nothing with JK2 mode just doesn't work with OpenJK yet, or at least, I can't get OpenJK to play Jedi Outcast, seemingly, no matter what I do. The game tries to load now but crashed to the main menu, informing me that the imp_pistol is missing LOD 0 but has LOD 1, or that I'm missing a snowflake texture. Thanks for all the help but I guess I'll just wait for the buildbot version.