Tales From The Clone Wars - JKA comic

I really like the idea that it's humans, who actually speak against the Jedi Order, while the aliens are hesitant as whether to be so harsh with the Jedi, who have been an integrative part of the Republic for many centuries. It gives the feel, that the Empire is imminent.

Visually - you could add reflections of chairs and officers on the floor as well.

By the way do you have a final plot scene in mind? I mean, the old Clone Wars series ended with the attack on Coruscant, showing Grievous capturing Palpatine, while droids march upon the surface of Coruscant. The Clone Wars series ends it's 2 final seasons with the departure of Ahsoka and Yoda revelations towards the future. Do you have something similar in plans?

Perhaps this would be a spoiler, but I wondered, which character is actually the centre of the story. I don't feel it's any of the known Jedi, like Obi Wan Kenobi for instance.

I guess we might see how Tarkin is supporting the moves of the Empire soon after Order 66, while Sarella and some others would also betray the new order.

Oh, I would really like to see Mass Ammedda and Sly Moore (you can make her with the same model of Republic agent, mentioned above, simply by deactivating the hairstyle).

Many people I know voiced an opinion, that it's too bad that the Clone Wars is a conflict between the Republic and the CIS, while in the past this was a long forgotten war, fought by the Republic against the Clones, which used Spaarti cylinders to create armies. The technology differed from the Kaminoan cloning and some people (some of the enemies of the Republic) cloned even the Jedi. 

As the war was fought, this weakened the Republic, and clones often went insane, this also happened to the Jedi clones, who turned to the Dark Side after that. As the war was on all fronts, ordinary citizens saw less and less differences between Jedi and their clones, blaming the Order for the chaos as well - distrust towards them was growing.

This was used by Palpatine, who made amendments and declared himself the Emperor. Officially cloning was banned, while a few spaarti facilities recaptured by the Empire for their own experiments, however the new army was created specifically of enlisted men.

I though you could still reintegrate this part into the final year of the war in your stories, making the Spaarti look differently from all such things in the TCW design and appearances.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way do you have a final plot scene in mind? I mean, the old Clone Wars series ended with the attack on Coruscant, showing Grievous capturing Palpatine, while droids march upon the surface of Coruscant. The Clone Wars series ends it's 2 final seasons with the departure of Ahsoka and Yoda revelations towards the future. Do you have something similar in plans?

Perhaps this would be a spoiler, but I wondered, which character is actually the centre of the story. I don't feel it's any of the known Jedi, like Obi Wan Kenobi for instance.

I guess we might see how Tarkin is supporting the moves of the Empire soon after Order 66, while Sarella and some others would also betray the new order.

Oh, I would really like to see Mass Ammedda and Sly Moore (you can make her with the same model of Republic agent, mentioned above, simply by deactivating the hairstyle).

I do indeed have the ending of Volume Four planned out. I won't go into details for spoilerific reasons, but for every volume I always have an end point in mind. Sometimes the details change based on how the story evolves with each issue, but it always remains the same basic premise.

As for who is the centre of the story - for Volume Four, there are three main characters. Sarella Drayson, Railas Tok and Mace Windu. These are the characters whose backgrounds, developments and evolutions will be the focus of the story.

And I hope to add Mas Amedda and Sly Moore at some point!

The next issue is nearly ready to go, but literally fifteen minutes after I finished the last page on Monday night my house suffered a powercut and I can't get back on the PC. Typical! Just waiting for the problems to be fixed.

I finally got my hands on the latest issue. It's has a very nice tie-in with Dantooine, and the story with Tok develops in the right way. It's not very novice regarding the fact, that Dooku tries to have someone Force-sensitive to serve him, but this someone actually disobeys him eventually. But I like the conflict between the separatists as well, though Tok is mostly likely now one of them.

The case with Mace Windu and this Tameron is also a sign towards Episode III, it seems. I mean that he is harsher than most of the Jedi, and would even practice certain techniques, avoided by most of the members of the Jedi Order. I mean In Episode III there is a duel with Palpatine and Windu uses the same phrase as Palpatine a little earlier. "Not very Jedi-like", as Tavion would say.

Kualan likes this

I finally got my hands on the latest issue. It's has a very nice tie-in with Dantooine, and the story with Tok develops in the right way. It's not very novice regarding the fact, that Dooku tries to have someone Force-sensitive to serve him, but this someone actually disobeys him eventually. But I like the conflict between the separatists as well, though Tok is mostly likely now one of them.

The case with Mace Windu and this Tameron is also a sign towards Episode III, it seems. I mean that he is harsher than most of the Jedi, and would even practice certain techniques, avoided by most of the members of the Jedi Order. I mean In Episode III there is a duel with Palpatine and Windu uses the same phrase as Palpatine a little earlier. "Not very Jedi-like", as Tavion would say.

Thank you the feedback, NumberWan. Windu's actions in this issue were a direct reference to his "end justifies the means" attitude in Episode III so I'm glad that came across. As for Dooku's latest acolyte obeying him...needless to say Tok isn't going to be happy about taking orders from Grievous for long!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing Dantooine is nice. Did you make this appearance partly as a reference to the battle of Dantooine, originally seen in Clone Wars animated series? There Mace Windu would lead the forces against the droids and their new weapon. And a small farm boy would see the battle from afar.

When I got to last but one page I also had a question, why the Enclave would be so clean. I am glad, that you thought this aspect through, not leaving behind the fact, that the whole structure seemed intact.

SW Galaxies establish the ruins in a different state, mostly a few arches and colomns remain, nothing would remind of former Enclave. But I prefer the fact, that ruins would look like the ones in KOTOR.

Seeing Dantooine is nice. Did you make this appearance partly as a reference to the battle of Dantooine, originally seen in Clone Wars animated series? There Mace Windu would lead the forces against the droids and their new weapon. And a small farm boy would see the battle from afar.

When I got to last but one page I also had a question, why the Enclave would be so clean. I am glad, that you thought this aspect through, not leaving behind the fact, that the whole structure seemed intact.

SW Galaxies establish the ruins in a different state, mostly a few arches and colomns remain, nothing would remind of former Enclave. But I prefer the fact, that ruins would look like the ones in KOTOR.

The Dantooine-Windu connection is indeed a subtle nod to that scene in the original animated series, yeah. Interesting point about the enclave though - I had no idea it also featured in SWG.

Well, SW galaxies featured lots of locations, showing what they looked like by the time of 0 ABY or later. Dantooine is one of them. so as Naboo, Tatooine - certain little places can be visited there. Anchorhead as well, though I like it more in KOTOR and SWTOR, where it's quite large and well-populated.

Nothing like KOTOR ruins, though both on wookiepedia and on SW Galaxies wikia it is said, that different pictures show the same place.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since the last issue - so much happened since then!

I like the idea, that Railas Tok present during the difficult decision for mace Windu - abandoning a little boy on Ord Mantell for his own good.

One of the downsides to the Clone Wars TV series was that we didn't get a chance to see many of the Jedi duties that didn't directly contribute to the war. The only exception I can think of is the Jedi Younglings Arc, but even that involved the war in the later episodes. So things like testing potential younglings, etc are elements I'd like to portray further in future issues of the comic.

Cerez and NumberWan like this