My brother died laughing at these creations. Now I have to bury him. 

(I appreciate the work that has been put to recreate Starkiller, but after a while... What is the use?)

Very insightful. XD Troll on brotha. 

To answer your question; "What's the use?".

Powah... 

6cxu.jpg

I find your lack of useful criticism disturbing

My brother died laughing at these creations. Now I have to bury him. 

(I appreciate the work that has been put to recreate Starkiller, but after a while... What is the use?)

The use is for his Unleashed 1.5 mod he's working hard on. It's also been a big learning process for him as well. I agree though, most those in the evolution picture are hilarious. :D

The issue with the eyes right now is that you got this going on: 0_0 instead of a normal o_o, really shocked expression on the eyes. In addition you're not adding enough shading to the actual eyeballs, they're still really white compared to how far into the shadow area they really are. Not too much though, it might be that it's just the shocked expression doing it, and the color is fine.

And why is he purple in the corner of the eye?

Here's a gif and some notes:

8vDtNQj.gif

Might be people see issues with my edit as well, didn't spend a lot of time on it, but these are my thoughts at least :P

ok.. so i made the changes.. and he looks... better.. its not going to work like this though. I'm realizing now that the problem with zbrush's export isn't zbrush at all... its the topology on my original base mesh. when i break it back down, it cant assume the correct positioning to shape the face correctly because my base mesh is wrong in the cheek area so... im about to experiment with raising the subdivision level in zbrush, using retopo, then bringing it back down. or something along those lines and see what i get. its better than going through and retexturing and refacing his cheeks. be back with results soon

Not really.  :rolleyes:

Those eyebrow bones are ape-worthy. Way too big. 

Nose is too big.

The head itself (not the face, but where the hair is) looks too small compared to the rest of the face.

The lips still look off. Not sure what it is.

The use is for his Unleashed 1.5 mod he's working hard on. It's also been a big learning process for him as well. I agree though, most those in the evolution picture are hilarious. :D

Allright, that's cool. I'm all for learning how to model, Gluck to that. It's just that I browsed through all the pages and saw many versions of Starkiller. Sam Witwer would have some serious nightmares.

like i said.. the topology was wrong and id have to tamper with that one for weeks to get it right, as opposed to starting from a version with better topo to match his weird lip and cheek folds. im not having a huge problem getting his face accurate... just a problem rather with getting that particular peice of mesh to look right without remodelling it... so im just going to end up exporting this exactly like it is in high res, then making rendermaps for it, then adjusting the low poly mesh to fit it as nicely as i can, then use the rendermaps in photoshop to overlay on top of the original zbrush paintjob you see here, to add in shadows and stuff and use that for his texture. just a matter of time now i guess as i am satisfied with it if i can get it to come out more like the sculpt. which the old head will not do @@Barricade24

bw2g.jpg

DT., Stoiss, Barricade24 and 4 others like this

im just going to have to draw over my mesh, then draw over a few ref pics and show u guys where the real problem there lies with me. because the fat area next to his mouth creases have a significant change going back to his jaw. like... the back of his jaw is like an inch, maybe inch and a half wider than his mouth creases (which is normal) but it occurs after the mouth crease fat. then... the nose has a bit of lip fat coming from it back down to the jaw... then... the cheekbones are very well defined, and the rest is sunk in. for real. so i'll draw over some stuff when i get back tonight

• 3 weeks later...

like i said.. the topology was wrong and id have to tamper with that one for weeks to get it right, as opposed to starting from a version with better topo to match his weird lip and cheek folds. im not having a huge problem getting his face accurate... just a problem rather with getting that particular peice of mesh to look right without remodelling it... so im just going to end up exporting this exactly like it is in high res, then making rendermaps for it, then adjusting the low poly mesh to fit it as nicely as i can, then use the rendermaps in photoshop to overlay on top of the original zbrush paintjob you see here, to add in shadows and stuff and use that for his texture. just a matter of time now i guess as i am satisfied with it if i can get it to come out more like the sculpt. which the old head will not do @@Barricade24

bw2g.jpg

been a while since i last check this topic but i've got to say this is looking awesome!  good job!