Force Unleashed animations for JK2

"Ideas and Issues" relates specifically to the JKHub site/forum etc!

*Shifts topic*

I'm sure that a lot of other people around here know better than I do, but I'd think that most of the animations could be switched over, exceptions being made around things such as staff anims, etc. *Thinking face*

Personally, I would recommend remaking them for JK2. I think there might be an extraction process in Dragon that extracts a single animation out of the _humanoid.gla, but it would probably be easier to remake them, or contact the author to do it or have them send you the original animation files.

What TFU anims are you referencing?

I really doubt it would work but I've never tried switching animations between the games. The problem is that the skeletons are different, JK2 has more bones than JA, they got super lazy when they made JA and removed some of the face, finger and the toe bones.

Idealy the best thing to do would be to recompile JA animations with the extra bones added in so that we could have better animations in JA.

Another thing about the file you saw was that it only works in SP and they only work with the model it comes with, so if a cutscene starts the character wont move since he's using a modified gla file.

Mandalorian likes this

Ah, I forgot about the bone thing. But yah, JK2 skeletons don't even have a left hand bone. You could make it work in MP, but the TFU animations would be used by every single model. The cleverness of the TFU animations was they were only compiled into one model, so Starkiller would only use Starkiller's stances.

Btw, I thought cutscene animations were stored in _humanoid_[Map]? If this is so, why would a model refuse to move in a cutscenes when the anims are loaded from a different place?

• 4 months later...

If you are refering to the animations I made and attached to a Starkiller skin then yes it is possible to make them work with cutscenes.

I'd have to copy EVERY cutscene and use a hex editor on EVERYONE of them. That was too much work for too little pay off.

I figure most people skip the cutscenes in JA and the people who might use the animations in a mod would probably use the cutscene animations that are already in the _humanoid.gla.

The thing with cutscenes is that they use their own GLA file containing only what's needed, you may see some animations reused from the main _humanoid.gla but it isn't actually referenced. What animations that are found in the _humanoid are just copied and still saved with the cutscene GLA file.

I learnt to make my own custom animations

If you are refering to the animations I made and attached to a Starkiller skin then yes it is possible to make them work with cutscenes.

I'd have to copy EVERY cutscene and use a hex editor on EVERYONE of them. That was too much work for too little pay off.

I figure most people skip the cutscenes in JA and the people who might use the animations in a mod would probably use the cutscene animations that are already in the _humanoid.gla.

It's because you posted this technique you learned around on other forums, I was able to implement my own custom animations for my model. Thanks to that bit of advice I came across awhile back now... I really have found it useful.

katanamaru likes this