So episode VII

Place your bets:  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Disney's Star Wars will be...

• Awesome
    • Just more SW
    • Meh
    • OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

I've decided to remain cautiously optimistic regarding the new trilogy. New Star Wars films was going to happen at some point in our lives, might as well get started now. I'm curious to see what they'll bring to the franchise. All of the concerns regarding canon don't really bother me, as "canon" in my mind is just glorified fanfiction, with the films being the only "real canon". That said, the amount of inconsistencies in SW canon both inside and outside of the film saga make adding something entirely new kinda plausible really.

I'd rather they tried something fresh, separate from the Clone Wars/Galactic Civil War eras.

• 2 months later...

If they base if off of the books/comics and don't stray away from what is already laid out as the story that goes past the movies it might be good. They're gonna have to do one hell of a job on look a likes since the original cast is far too old to relive thier roles.

Maybe we'll get to see Kyle and Jan in the future? As long as they forget the horrid part of the DF series: Jedi Academy.

If they base if off of the books/comics and don't stray away from what is already laid out as the story that goes past the movies it might be good. They're gonna have to do one hell of a job on look a likes since the original cast is far too old to relive thier roles.

Maybe we'll get to see Kyle and Jan in the future? As long as they forget the horrid part of the DF series: Jedi Academy.

Books are totally fucked up, they should just ditch the whole Yuuzhan-Vong thing and focus more on Luke creating the Academy. That does pave the way for Kyle becoming a character, as you'll note there is a pretty considerable gap between both DF1 and DF2, and DF2 to JK2. Though, if the acting is as bad as JK1 (okay seriously, you have to be on acid to believe that the acting in JK1's cutscenes are good by any degree, "Jan! What a pleasant surprise!" is cringe-worthy), and the story is as bad as JA, no thanks. Though if they do things about as good as DF1/JK2 in terms of both dialogue (JK1 has some genuinely good dialogue in it, don't get me wrong, it's just not as well-acted) and general story, it should be good.

I think we're fairly certain that the special effects will just continually get better. The actors getting old are not a problem, there's always the tech in Tron and the fact that the original Lucas vision had the actors at about the age they are now as part of the films.

The lines in the original movies were arguably well done. They were simplistic enough and not too caught up in corny technobabble to keep me confused. I think the only really irritating issue I had with the original movie was the line about the Kessel run, which was a rather cheese line by Luke if I do say so myself, but yeah, for the most part the lines were fairly serviceable, if not well done in some situations.

No one said the acting in DF2 was good, just cool to have real faces on game characters, made the story much more interesting and I thought the story despite the acting was good.

I honestly never read the books other than Shadows of the Empire, just thought that there's so much established 'cannon' that if they strayed away from it no matter what the opinions of some are would be a bad thing. I agree though that if they did anything considering it was episode VII that it should be focused on Luke rebuilding the Jedi order on Yavin IV, Mon Mothma re-establishing the senate and Leia discovering the force.

• 2 months later...