So episode VII

Place your bets:  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Disney's Star Wars will be...

• Awesome
    • Just more SW
    • Meh
    • OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

I think that this is really interesting and, in the long run, good. Face it now though, a lot of people won't like what they make because it won't be the original Star Wars movies.

I'm for expanding the universe in any direction (except for that black mandolorian lightsaber, screw that shit), so this makes me really excited.

Disney kinda died when they announced they wouldnt be making any more animated movies, but CGI has replaced traditional animation

Sadly, disney games tend to suck something hard, they havent done a decent game since SNES era, so i'd hate to see a new starwars game by disney, something about is wrong, this literally is a disturbance in the force. though you can bet the purest fans wont take this laying down, thats for sure

only way the could royally fuck up, is if they made the bad guys a bunch of klingons by accident

Mad-Old-Odd-Spy-Elk likes this
Sadly, disney games tend to suck something hard, they havent done a decent game since SNES era, so i'd hate to see a new starwars game by disney,

Thing is, disney presumeably now own lucas arts, so it will be them making the games still.

The fact that they are calling the movie that is supposedly come out in 2005 makes it seem to me that bad things are about to happen.

Truth be told, George Lucas already more or less effed it up with the prequel trilogy, the dialogues, the changed view of The Force (from something spiritual to something chemical). In some way, now that it has been a day since I read the news (truly, yesterday I wanted for all at Disney and George Lucas to die), this might be good - however it might be bad as well. It all depends in what direction Disney will want to go with this. True, they didn't screw up Marvel Entertainment, the movies are still solid, and Pixar is still Pixar, however, as I mentioned before - it is the name Star Wars Episode 7-9 that is bothering me. There has been so much done already with the era between 1 - 6 episodes and it has become boring as hell, who cares about the rebels anymore, who cares about the same old characters. Now it seems they want to take it further. No, no stories about post-Palpatine and death star destruction... PLEASE. If they want to do it, they should do the OLD REPUBLIC. Heck, then they can even go all out and make stories about the Sith instead the Jedi etc. I find the stories set in that era much more interesting (especially the story of Darth Bane >_>... the creator of the Rule of Two).

Edit: not to mention I also stopped caring about new Star Wars games a while ago. There hasn't been anything good since the KOTOR games.

Honestly, I actually like this news...My gut reaction was along the lines of "Dear God no...", but after thinking about it, I do think that this is a good thing. George can't edit the OT anymore, a proper boxed set with the theatricals might actually get released someday, and...new SW movies will come out. Assuming that these movies take place many years after the OT, and don't include any of the same characters, then even if they are awful, it'll be easy to just ignore them(Like with Indiana Jones 4). If they're good, than great! Really nothing to lose here by making more, so long as they aren't actually direct sequels to Ep6. Besides which, to make it bad enough to REALLY piss fans off, they're going to have to be worse than Ep1, worse than Ep2, AND worse than the Clone Wars movie/show. Disney's had a pretty good track record recently what with the Pirates series(Up until 4, anyway), and the Marvel series, so I don't think they'll do too bad.

Further more, more SW movies were basically inevitable someday, right? They were gonna happen one way or another, and I'm glad that Lucas isn't directing or having control over the next ones.

Sooo...Yeah. I'll remain "Cautiously optimistic" until I here more news...It may suck, it may not, but I'm willing to give Disney the benefit of the doubt ;)

Miha likes this

Honestly, the worst thing I can predict coming out of this is....There is a 99.9% chance that the new movies will contradict SOMETHING or other from the books/games, and as a result, there will be ENDLESS arguments online between the then-split fanbases, over what's canon and what's not. Ung...

You gotta be kidding me...

George Lucas had knowledge about many...unnatural things (well not really), such as the reptillian aliens (Darth Maul is a good representation of them), human cloning, the moon with aliens living inside it (Represents the death star in star wars), and many other things which I won't list off.

Still, I don't think it will suck too bad, George Lucas will hopefully make sure it doesn't...unless he doesn't care anymore :(.

The 2D clone wars did not tie in with the 3D movie, so I've heard...And that he wouldn't let authors write books with plots that didn't link to the others. So if Disney made a movie (and if GL still cares) it's gotta be in between all these books...

Btw uh, are you guys aware that there are R2D2/droid collectibles, an entire set, that have mouse ears...? <.<