Jump to content

New Republic Security Droid Type 1


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ZanderNao said:

Given that there's a prison ship map in the works, this would make a good companion piece for sure.
The picture for your kitbash idea is a good texture match, but I haven't seen a model with those colors. Just the grey version of HK?
Still, a very good idea over all!

I'm not certain that color HK model exists - it just happened to show up when I was searching for images of the Security Droid.   

I believe someone was making the comparison between the two models, or indicating they were produced by the same manufacturer.

 

Link to post
19 hours ago, Noodle said:

If you have more reference pics laying around, please do post them since it makes a modeler's work much easier. 

How about a whole video detailing the droids?

 

Also highlights the Type 2 droid, which they say was based of the R1 model from a New Hope.  Perhaps a modeler could make a 2 models for the price of one - both the Episode 4 and Mandalorian version are very similar. 

HUM-3154 likes this
Link to post
  • 1 month later...
  • Lancelot changed the title to New Republic Security Droid Type 1
  • 1 month later...

Found this page about the creation of the droids, by the studio that did the special effects work.   

It has sliders that you can move from right to left where you can see the basic grey 3d modelled droids,  or move the slider to the right and you can see the final textured product.


Might be helpful to any prospective modeller.

https://image-engine.com/case-studies/the-mandalorian-season-1/

 

Also, a video of their special effects work from season one.    The droid footage begins around 3:28.

https://image-engine.com/portfolio/the-mandalorian-season-1/

Very interesting just to see the production process.

 

FCR-2320_plate.jpg

Link to post

I commissioned a 3D model maker to create the droid so that it could be rigged into game, but I haven't heard anything in a couple weeks and have no progress pictures yet. It's the same artist I had create the heads for the different R-series astromechs and the Pyke Pack.

fullkevlar likes this
Link to post
58 minutes ago, ZanderNao said:

I commissioned a 3D model maker to create the droid so that it could be rigged into game, but I haven't heard anything in a couple weeks and have no progress pictures yet. It's the same artist I had create the heads for the different R-series astromechs and the Pyke Pack.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats amazing and completely unexpected news!        

Now ill have to put every extra effort to make the Prison ship map top notch!    I shall redouble my efforts!

Link to post
1 hour ago, fullkevlar said:

!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats amazing and completely unexpected news!        

Now ill have to put every extra effort to make the Prison ship map top notch!    I shall redouble my efforts!

I'll share pictures as soon as I have any, lol

fullkevlar likes this
Link to post
20 minutes ago, ZanderNao said:

I'll share pictures as soon as I have any, lol

Im going to have to sneak your name in Aurebesh onto the map somewhere as a tribute!    Maybe on a control room monitor?

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, fullkevlar said:

Im going to have to sneak your name in Aurebesh onto the map somewhere as a tribute!    Maybe on a control room monitor?

 

If you do, how about Ryo Vela? He's my main character from my films. That'd be a fun tribute!

fullkevlar likes this
Link to post
On 2/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, ZanderNao said:

If you do, how about Ryo Vela? He's my main character from my films. That'd be a fun tribute!

Yes of course,  going to the trouble of commissioning a model,  you can have whatever you want!    

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...