How to stop the model in the preview from rotating?

You know how it is, you select a model in character creation, and it keeps rotating, so you can't see the whole model on your own terms, and have to wait for it to do a full 360. It's really a bitch when you have several models and want to check them all out, you know?

I would like something similar to what @@redsaurus is doing/ did for JK:E:

Note: Bitch isn't a swear word, or at least, it's admissible.

You can edit character.menu in the UI folder of assets1.pk3. It contains the code for the character selection screen. I guess you can look for examples of sliders in other .menu files and add one to character.menu so that you can manually rotate the character.

And don't worry about swearing:

JKHub is not necessarily family-friendly, and we have nothing against the use of expletives here and there. If you want to throw a stray 'fuck' into your post, go for it.

You can edit character.menu in the UI folder of assets1.pk3. It contains the code for the character selection screen. I guess you can look for examples of sliders in other .menu files and add one to character.menu so that you can manually rotate the character.

And don't worry about swearing:

Cool!

What do I need to open .menu files? If I remember correctly, they can't be opened with a simple notepad?

they can be opened with notepad, but I recommend notepad++

Yeah to add to that, most of JKA's files inside the assets that hold commands for the game engine can be opened in Notepad++ (which is notepad, but better). There's also the Jedi Academy SDK which has some software, that *could* make your life easier and additional tools like the NPCtool, for easier NPC file creations and such. :)

the_raven likes this

I can confirm the same problem. I modified the ui/character.menu, ui/jamp/player2.menu/ingame_player.menu files to show BOTH_STAND4 instead of BOTH_WALK1 and the player model keeps walking instead of standing still. I'm going to simply assume that it's just simply neither of those 2 files that needed tweaking and there's another one we've overlooked. But it's strange!