Rapier Lightsaber (REQUEST COMPLETED)

Go to solution Solved by Psyk0Sith,

Hi! I'm totally new here, like, i'm here since two days ago. My english isn't that good so... be warned! xD

I've seen some awesome hilts in-game, both SP and MP, and i loved all of them, but there's a hilt that i have never seen and i would like to ask someone to make it for me.

Could anyone please make me a Rapier lightsaber hilt? And if possible with a SP-MP support...

(remember that we're talking about Jedi Academy)

EDIT: I've picked the rapier lightsaber model i want

avispa_zpszlft4sey.jpg 

That is actually something I wanted to make a while ago.

I just have too many Ideas and too little time to finish all of them...

I'm happy to know that someone does actually want a rapier lightsaber xD

I'm hoping you can get time enough to make them tho... I really wish to have a rapier lightsaber in-game both on SP-MP

Awesome! But we still need someone to make it XD

EDIT: I think it doesn't have to be very skinny tho...

A rapier has a skinny blade compared to other swords, it will not look right at all if it's just a saber hilt with a normal blade.

A rapier has a skinny blade compared to other swords, it will not look right at all if it's just a saber hilt with a normal blade.

Oh... Alright then!

But can it be done for just this rapier lightsaber or does it take to change all of them?

I wouldn't mind to change all of them, as long as i can use the rapier on both SP and MP

Let's see. I'm not taking up requests anymore, because way too many people nag me after to do stuff for them - not that i got the time or motivation even. But if i was to do this saber, i'd be a bit skeptical because of the shape and JKA's tag rotations - it could look wierd if i position it for single wielding - okay for double wielding and vice versa. I got way too much stuff waiting on me to be done, so if anything, i'd rather show someone and teach them how to do it. Almost noone besides me does saber mods at all anyway (or at least it seems like it to me). Even tho that after reskinning something, it's pretty much the second easiest thing to do in regards to custom textures/models.

Langerd, Siegfried and Daedra like this

Let's see. I'm not taking up requests anymore, because way too many people nag me after to do stuff for them - not that i got the time or motivation even. But if i was to do this saber, i'd be a bit skeptical because of the shape and JKA's tag rotations - it could look wierd if i position it for single wielding - okay for double wielding and vice versa. I got way too much stuff waiting on me to be done, so if anything, i'd rather show someone and teach them how to do it. Almost noone besides me does saber mods at all anyway (or at least it seems like it to me). Even tho that after reskinning something, it's pretty much the second easiest thing to do in regards to custom textures/models.

Your work is still well appreciated and admired. In fact, I'd say that you might inspire some people to work from the shadows.

General Howard and Langerd like this

Weird? How?

Oh... if you're that busy, i won't be asking you to make it then. I don't wanna give you any trouble, sorry!  :D

EDIT: I still want that rapier hilt so... I'm in need of someone to make it for me! xD

wierd as in... the rotation is off, for example. if i position it for single wielding, it will look okay if singled, but when you dual wield 2 of them at once, one is gonna be facing about 25° to the left instead of being nice and straight, the other one a bit more, maybe 35-45°, not much you can do about that as it's the skeleton's fault. Fixing that would mean we'd need to fix any and every playermodel in existence - it is a little interesting noone has done those position fixes so far if you think about it, but then again not for the very reason i just mentioned. noone would go and fix everyone's work (and you cannot do anything saber-wise, except two versions and name them left hand/right hand).

I am aware i inspire a lot of people and i'm happy for that. I hope more people would give modding a proper tryout, it's not rocket science... okay it's not a 10 piece lego house either but it's nothing too complicated if you're careful when learning for the first time.

TheWhitePhoenix and Jeff like this

wierd as in... the rotation is off, for example. if i position it for single wielding, it will look okay if singled, but when you dual wield 2 of them at once, one is gonna be facing about 25° to the left instead of being nice and straight, the other one a bit more, maybe 35-45°, not much you can do about that as it's the skeleton's fault. Fixing that would mean we'd need to fix any and every playermodel in existence - it is a little interesting noone has done those position fixes so far if you think about it, but then again not for the very reason i just mentioned. noone would go and fix everyone's work (and you cannot do anything saber-wise, except two versions and name them left hand/right hand).

I am aware i inspire a lot of people and i'm happy for that. I hope more people would give modding a proper tryout, it's not rocket science... okay it's not a 10 piece lego house either but it's nothing too complicated if you're careful when learning for the first time.

I see... Well, i'm a single saber user so i wouldn't mind having a dual saber with problems because i'm not going to try it xD

Oh well, no one has candidated to make the rapier yet so we don't have to worry too much right now.

EDIT: To be honest i don't really mind having some troubles with the hilt as long as i can use it on both SP - MP. I love rapiers so just having a rapier lightsaber in-game would make me very very happy and i would use it no matter what, with bugs or not... even though i'm aware that those who mod anything wouldn't like to do things with alot of bugs and stuff like that... (at least not the good ones)

Well if this can be made:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1189-jedi-knight-logo-saber/

I am sure a rapier type saber can be. It just has to be modeled correctly so it doesn't glitch through the players arms (axis rotation in blender would solve that with some trial and error).

Yeah, i agree. Someone please make a rapier for me xD

I remember someone made a sabre lightsaber hilt, you know, like the one those pirate cutlasses had?

Mhmm... I didn't see that one, i'll search for it. Thats not what i want though, but thanks for the information!

no of course it can be done, pretty much anything you can imagine can be done. the main problem you guys have is finding someone with time/willingness to do it. or, like i said, give it a try yourself - if you need any help (if using 3ds max and substance painter/photoshop), feel free to ask me.

no of course it can be done, pretty much anything you can imagine can be done. the main problem you guys have is finding someone with time/willingness to do it. or, like i said, give it a try yourself - if you need any help (if using 3ds max and substance painter/photoshop), feel free to ask me.

I have never used a  3d program or photoshop but tell me what programs i should download, tell me where i can get a 3d hilt base to start with and i'll give it a try

Yeah, i agree. Someone please make a rapier for me xD

Mhmm... I didn't see that one, i'll search for it. Thats not what i want though, but thanks for the information!

Aye, I found it! Here is the original version of the saber I was talking about, and here's a version without the hand-guard. Both were made by @@Kahzmat.

Also, if you'll ever want something more sword-like, here's a few options: Lightsaber katana (though it's technically a saber) and Crusader sword by AshuraDX, and Castlevania sword by Rooxon.

Yes, I know these aren't what you're looking for, but still, enjoy!

Siegfried likes this

Aye, I found it! Here is the original version of the saber I was talking about, and here's a version without the hand-guard. Both were made by @@Kahzmat.

Also, if you'll ever want something more sword-like, here's a few options: Lightsaber katana (though it's technically a saber) and Crusader sword by AshuraDX, and Castlevania sword by Rooxon.

Yes, I know these aren't what you're looking for, but still, enjoy!

Wow! Thank you xD I really liked the first one... I want something like that, but with a smaller hand-guard and rapier-like xD

the_raven likes this