New characters for KOTF

I was thinking that maybe KOTF should have some new characters to play as, such as Saw Gerrera, General Hux, Galen Erso, K-2SO, Lor San Tekka, Maz Kanata, BB-8, and last, but certainly not least, they should add some Spaceballs characters! Right? Spaceballs!

Got any models for us to consider?

@@Domino5555

I'm a fan of Spaceballs, but that's just a silly request. It's like including The Naked Gun's Frank Drebin as the main character of a Die Hard mod.

The Spaceball characters might be great as individual models you can download on this site, but not as a part of a mod that is supposed to be about Star Wars only.

Also, it would totally break the purpose of this mod: Create your own adventures, with all the Star Wars based characters and locations.

@@Ramikad

Here's also a skin of Captain Lone Star, which was made for Jedi Outcast.

So, I was on Mod DB and someone asked for some characters, there's the comment : "Can we please get Saes Rrogon as a character? or some kind of kaleesh jedi/sith? no one has made any kind of models yet its sad :("

And maybe, I can answer to him after that I'll get some infos if you're gonna to make them or no at all. There's the link, by the way : http://www.moddb.com/mods/knights-of-the-force-21

So, I was on Mod DB and someone asked for some characters, there's the comment : "Can we please get Saes Rrogon as a character? or some kind of kaleesh jedi/sith? no one has made any kind of models yet its sad :("

And maybe, I can answer to him after that I'll get some infos if you're gonna to make them or no at all. There's the link, by the way : http://www.moddb.com/mods/knights-of-the-force-21

Don't worry, just let guys like him ask. You don't have to reply to them. But if you still feel the need to reply, just say that the KotF 2.1 team has already inluded a massive amount of characters, and that adding more would only slow down the progress, as individual NPCs, character descriptions and optimizations have to be made, which takes time.

Don't worry, just let guys like him ask. You don't have to reply to them. But if you still feel the need to reply, just say that the KotF 2.1 team has already inluded a massive amount of characters, and that adding more would only slow down the progress, as individual NPCs, character descriptions and optimizations have to be made, which takes time.

Allright, thanks a lot, Lancelot. I appreciate your advices.

Overall it's fairly unlikely we'll be adding anymore characters unless someone had something high quality they're willing and able to show us.

We're at our limit for npcs, so some would have to go if we found a model worthy of the mod. Excluding model replacements of course.

I'm not a modder, I'm a suggester.

• 5 weeks later...

@@Domino5555

There are hundreds, if not thousands of models/skins to choose from. So, if you want to suggest some characters to be included,

try to concentrate on those that already exist. And to make things much easier, you should look out only for Star Wars related characters, nothing else.

If you can't find any characters here, try mrwonko's JK3Files mirror. Jedi Academy Jedi Outcast

Also, you should keep in mind that new models require lots of time and skills, and including new ones would only slow down the progress.

On the other hand, maybe you should wait until the beta gets released. And if you still think that some characters are missing, you can still suggest them.

TicNoel501 and JAWSFreelao like this
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...