Constraints in JKA

ooeJack

Heya guys!

Is there a way for constraints that are enabled on an object to work in-game? I want to work on this character which would utilise a 'Look At' / 'Locked Track' constraint that would look awesome if it worked.

In the test below, I've pointed the constraint to look at the hand region. I've tried pointing it to the hand model, hand bones, and the tag located at the hand, but no version seems to want to work in-game.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

Thanks!

ooeJack

Well. A mate and I couldn't find anything in Icarus that would help out. The head-tracking-player movement is quite close to what I need actually. But instead of the head bones moving to follow a player, and instead of another player needed to be in range for the head to follow, it would be just an object moving to follow another object with a locked rotation which would always be in range and always working.

If I'm understanding it correctly, looking at Ryan Valle's art, when IG-88 would be doing a walking cycle animation, then his cylindrical shoulder would be spinning so that the arm would always remain in the slot (in the shoulder). When IG-88 would be putting his arms up, or aiming his gun etc., when his arms would move, the shoulder would spin accordingly so that his arm can actually move to the position he wanted.

So looking at IG-88's shoulder, I made a quick example just to see how it would look/work: https://jkhub.org/images/bYlBv8N.gifv

This is essentially what I want to get working in-game, but it doesn't seem like I can so far. :(   Was the head tracking movement done in Icarus? Am I missing something in Icarus that could actually help? Is there anything else I can try?

I really appreciate your guys's help!

ooeJack

The head-tracking must be hard-coded. Still, if you can make your own skeleton for an IG-88 model, you could achieve most of what you want to animate. There are NPCs with custom skeletons in base JA, like the Hazard Trooper and the Rocket trooper, so it could be quite interesting if you achieve the same!