G_Setg2 Playermodel Error

Go to solution Solved by Noodle,

Lets think that way as well. Minemonsters as i looked have 

-Both_attack1

​-Both_attack2

​-Both_attack3

​-Both_attack4

That means they were not using the melee like Gran Boxer which were in the jk2 as well. Their attack where coded. 

Like Galak_mech is not using any weapon - even repeater was shooting from his arm. The lightning laser cannon was not a weapon. 

I will sit and play a little with this model. I think the best option is to -

-make him using not the both_attack* animation but rename them into melee animations. 

-make the chewing sounds -animsounds.cfg

Sadly this is all i can suggest here :/

I noticed the minemonster also has melee animations named

BOTH_MELEE1

BOTH_MELEE2

BOTH_MELEE3

Everytime I look at this models I want to start creating my own to add more alien beasts to this game. Even if I can't have a fully functional minemonster in my game, at least I know I can use it as a passive pet. 

Langerd likes this

I spawned two and it doesn't work.

I appreciate all the help guys but this creature is only in two locations and really doesn't impact my story any. I'm just going to change the one security key location to dead Rodian in the sewer. This will force the player down there and I'll the medkit where the key was in the generator room. I'll toss in an interrogator or something and be done with it. 

:winkthumb:  :winkthumb:

Wait.. Leader script makes npc run at You like teamate npc's???

Not as far as I'm aware. They will only follow you if you're set as the leader (SET_LEADER player) and they have their behavior set as FOLLOW_LEADER. The key is in the behavior.

Wait.. Leader script makes npc run at You like teamate npc's???

Sort of. I did that a long time ago, in an attempt to make enemies more dynamic, basically "playing" with the distance from the player, but it works well enough for melee enemies, setting their behavior to BS_FOLLOW_LEADER, setting the leader to Player, and setting the distance to 0 or 1 units. Basically it will stick to you like a barnacle, and if you force him to attack frequently it's death incarnate :P