G_Setg2 Playermodel Error

Go to solution Solved by Noodle,

G_setG2 PlayerModel: cannot load MineMonster

This error appears when I trigger the minemonster NPC. My MineMonster  then spawns as a stormtrooper. Now, all of my other NPC's transferred fine and work as scripted. I also don't see any difference with the JO and JA NPC MineMonster entity. Are mine monsters in JA? Do I have to use the JA entity for them ?

Any ideas? 

like galak_mech ,mark1 and mark2 .. i think. All _humanoid player models however are in the Jk3 because of the multiplayer. Right?

Yes, but is correct, galak_mech, mark1,mark2 and minemonster need to be ported by JO. assets.

otheerwise in JA you can get galak, desann monmotha, reelo and lando and jan, also if they not appear into the game (and reelo and galak and desann sure not: they're died XD )

like galak_mech ,mark1 and mark2 .. i think. All _humanoid player models however are in the Jk3 because of the multiplayer. Right?

That's correct! Some droids, like the interrogator, were ported from JO too. 

It's a pity they didn't include the mine monster or even more alien creatures, since they make for interesting enemies. 

Langerd likes this

That's correct! Some droids, like the interrogator, were ported from JO too. 

It's a pity they didn't include the mine monster or even more alien creatures, since they make for interesting enemies. 

I cant.. even describe my anger when i found out that Galak_Mech NPC is not working like Jk2....

Asgarath83 likes this

The minemonster's model doesn't come in base JA. You have to port it from JO. 

I have another question.I was able to get the mine monster in game. I then needed the sounds which i got working. The one issue I am having is with their behavior. All of my NPC's are scripted and I have no waypoint grid.

In my JO version of this level the mine monsters will attack and follow the player. Biting him and screeching and stuff. In the JA version, which nothing has changed, They will run up to the player and then stop. If the player moves towards them they attack. Otherwise, they just are idle. 

To put this in perspective ALL of my NPC's do exactly what they are supposed to do when running this level in either game. They spawn with the right blasters and do what each script says. With those mine monsters though it seems different. 

NPC behavours is setted on AI cpp files and NPC.cpp file and NPC_spawn.cpp NPC_combat.cpp and g_combat.cpp file of the code.

in JKA many lines are unchecked and so they are not readding by game and not works. JO NPC was sure more smarts that dumb AI of JKA.

Which shows that the game was lazy a little and it is not hard as the jk2 .. even if there are more reborns to fight. 

Human mercenaries are example of the enemy with huge amount of health and that was something that they called - difficulty. Difficulty my ass. Rodians are not using the alt fire like in Jk2 (impcommanders too) and jk3 enemies are not shooting while running and walking. ...

https://youtu.be/lGtJmalbNfc?t=43

Show me a stormtrooper that is charging like that at You in Jk3 .. You cant ! 

EDIT: ... He missed.. every .. single.. shot... but still with better aim npc would be deadly!

Asgarath83 likes this

I have another question.I was able to get the mine monster in game. I then needed the sounds which i got working. The one issue I am having is with their behavior. All of my NPC's are scripted and I have no waypoint grid.

In my JO version of this level the mine monsters will attack and follow the player. Biting him and screeching and stuff. In the JA version, which nothing has changed, They will run up to the player and then stop. If the player moves towards them they attack. Otherwise, they just are idle. 

To put this in perspective ALL of my NPC's do exactly what they are supposed to do when running this level in either game. They spawn with the right blasters and do what each script says. With those mine monsters though it seems different. 

Do  me a favor and replace the minemonster NPC file with this:

Minemonster
{
	playerModel minemonster
	reactions	3
	aim		1
	move		3
	aggression	3
	evasion		1
	intelligence	5
	playerTeam	enemy
	enemyTeam	player
	class		minemonster
	snd		mine
	yawSpeed	160
	runSpeed	210
	walkSpeed	50
	hFOV		120
	vfov		45
	height	30
	width	9
	snd		mine
	health		40
}

I just did and the mine monster started to attack me as it should and doing a fuck ton of damage too. My theory is that the class shouldn't be CLASS_MINEMONSTER, but just "minemonster". Either that, or the NPC gets all buggy because in JA it has WP_MELEE set as a weapon. 

Which shows that the game was lazy a little and it is not hard as the jk2 .. even if there are more reborns to fight. 

Human mercenaries are example of the enemy with huge amount of health and that was something that they called - difficulty. Difficulty my ass. Rodians are not using the alt fire like in Jk2 (impcommanders too) and jk3 enemies are not shooting while running and walking. ...

https://youtu.be/lGtJmalbNfc?t=43

Show me a stormtrooper that is charging like that at You in Jk3 .. You cant ! 

I'm gonna record a video that shows how ridiculous that is. In MP (at least with Open JK, don't know with base JA) , the NPCs are as strong as in JO if there are point combats and waypoints. 

Langerd likes this

Yes, NPC on JKA are silly dumped. little code modifications, some little parameter is different into the code respect of jk2 code... but these little changes on AI create great combat difference on game.

i never understood why in JKA the AI is de-upgraded. instead of do better and smart foes, coders do the other way.

on JK2 i was going crazy when  i play kyle katarn or nar shaddaa... first level of nar shadda is pretty hard to play also in easy mode... too many Disruptor and thermals and thermals blow up pretty quickly!

on JKA instead smuggleers are silly and slow opponents.

also fire rate is difference. JK2 is a more fast patched game. all NPC reactions are fast, very fast and also shoot spacing is shorter than JK3. on JK3 they shoot fast only to high difficulty game mode.

on my mod i re-enabled altfire for ALl enemies if they are with rank > of ltcomm. more fun :)

Langerd likes this

Yes, NPC on JKA are silly dumped. little code modifications, some little parameter is different into the code respect of jk2 code... but these little changes on AI create great combat difference on game.

i never understood why in JKA the AI is de-upgraded. instead of do better and smart foes, coders do the other way.

on JK2 i was going crazy when  i play kyle katarn or nar shaddaa... first level of nar shadda is pretty hard to play also in easy mode... too many Disruptor and thermals and thermals blow up pretty quickly!

on JKA instead smuggleers are silly and slow opponents.

also fire rate is difference. JK2 is a more fast patched game. all NPC reactions are fast, very fast and also shoot spacing is shorter than JK3. on JK3 they shoot fast only to high difficulty game mode.

on my mod i re-enabled altfire for ALl enemies if they are with rank > of ltcomm. more fun :)

Those... fucking ... rodian snipers on Ns_streets.. Oh.. my God...

It was weird for me too... The only enemies that have brains are reborns and cultists. Stormtroopers are dumbasses... rodians are commons, weequays are more deadly because of the bowcasters and human merc were most pain in the ass for me... Because of huge amount of helath for no reason (playing only with weapons and force powers challange... My .. god.. this is .. stupid).

Hazard Troopers and Rocket Troopers were pretty hard to fight.. without concussion rifle lightsaber felt like a stick. Huge amount of health and powerful gun. Also that punching attack. 

And the droids in the game. Assassin Droids were .. kinda easy to destroy. But when You made Your lightsaber slash in the wrong moment - The shield deals a LOOOt of damage. But .. droids are easy enemies when You have demp..

Boba Fett was another example - changing weapons, good aim and high dmg. But mission with him was... a little .. ..... neh. Of course i shit my pants when i first played the game but You know what i mean.

And the last thing my favourite mixed class - Gun user with the force. Cultists with the blasters were pretty cool because they were shooting and evading the attacks. Everyone Who knows the cultist commando npc know what i am talking about. I always liked fightning these enemies.

Do  me a favor and replace the minemonster NPC file with this:

Minemonster
{
	playerModel minemonster
	reactions	3
	aim		1
	move		3
	aggression	3
	evasion		1
	intelligence	5
	playerTeam	enemy
	enemyTeam	player
	class		minemonster
	snd		mine
	yawSpeed	160
	runSpeed	210
	walkSpeed	50
	hFOV		120
	vfov		45
	height	30
	width	9
	snd		mine
	health		40
}

I just did and the mine monster started to attack me as it should and doing a fuck ton of damage too. My theory is that the class shouldn't be CLASS_MINEMONSTER, but just "minemonster". Either that, or the NPC gets all buggy because in JA it has WP_MELEE set as a weapon. 

This unfortunately did not work for me. They do the same thing whether its this config file or your updated one. I'm wondering if my script is interfering somehow. Did you set the mine monster up on a waypoint system?

This unfortunately did not work for me. They do the same thing whether its this config file or your updated one. I'm wondering if my script is interfering somehow. Did you set the mine monster up on a waypoint system?

Nope. I didn't give them any script either. I just spawned the NPC and they started chomping me up. Might be an obvious comment, but are you sure your new file has replaced the old one?

How about I share the replacer I created instead :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss0gun344x9366s/zzz_minemonster.pk3?dl=0

This is how it should work, I tested it on a clean base folder:

No change after using your files.

What I am doing now is removing all the JO npc entities and replacing them with JA ones and see if that does it.

Update: Still no change.

I also removed the script and set up a waypoint path for the minemonster. I actually got the waypoint system to work which did not for me at all in JO , which is why all NPC's are scripted, which is better, anyhow, but, there no change to the minemonster behavior. I still had to walk into him for an attack and he wouldn't attack on his own.

Oh, and I did spawn one in a test map and the behavior is the same as above.

No change after using your files.

What I am doing now is removing all the JO npc entities and replacing them with JA ones and see if that does it.

Update: Still no change.

I also removed the script and set up a waypoint path for the minemonster. I actually got the waypoint system to work which did not for me at all in JO , which is why all NPC's are scripted, which is better, anyhow, but, there no change to the minemonster behavior. I still had to walk into him for an attack and he wouldn't attack on his own.

Oh, and I did spawn one in a test map and the behavior is the same as above.

It works for me .. but after i spawned more than one for some reason. Still it is like base melee. I will try making my own version but i will give them the tusken_staff weapon.

EDIT: Forget it... they have tags for the weapons.. i beilieved they have none because they are not humanoids. They have tusken_stuff in there mouth and they are standing and do nothing.

Try spawn more than one but the Noodle's npcs. 

Edited by Langerd

It works for me .. but after i spawned more than one for some reason. Still it is like base melee. I will try making my own version but i will give them the tusken_staff weapon.

EDIT: Forget it... they have tags for the weapons.. i beilieved they have none because they are not humanoids. They have tusken_stuff in there mouth and they are standing and do nothing.

Try spawn more than one but the Noodle's npcs. 

It's a pity that it works like base melee. I think that's the difference that the class_minemonster must make, but I don't know where's the bug in JA's code.

It's a pity that it works like base melee. I think that's the difference that the class_minemonster must make, but I don't know where's the bug in JA's code.

Lets think that way as well. Minemonsters as i looked have 

-Both_attack1

​-Both_attack2

​-Both_attack3

​-Both_attack4

That means they were not using the melee like Gran Boxer which were in the jk2 as well. Their attack where coded. 

Like Galak_mech is not using any weapon - even repeater was shooting from his arm. The lightning laser cannon was not a weapon. 

I will sit and play a little with this model. I think the best option is to -

-make him using not the both_attack* animation but rename them into melee animations. 

-make the chewing sounds -animsounds.cfg

Sadly this is all i can suggest here :/

EDIT: New observation progress:

@@Noodle method - class minemonster is the same as giving minemosnter melee with the class class_gran. Charging and biting the shit out of me. Because of the low scale they are tossing me around. In other words - weird. Sadly.. the animations work but only two variations (i replaced both_attacks to the both_melee animations) and only if minemonster is standing. 

But weird fact - I used the class class_minemonster (the one variation that Jk3 is using ) and minemonster use no animations.. he is moving to the player but for some reason stops about 2 meters from the enemy but when i came near him - it deals dmg but in weird way. It is still in the idle animation and game plays chewing sounds. 

Edited by Langerd
Noodle likes this