Luckxzs W.I.P's

Hello everyone, I've decided to start this topic to recieve feedback on my projects in order to get advices so I can improve my skills (from 3D modeling to Texturing). I'm currently working in blender since its the most easy for me to use, but I've a couple of other softwares to work with too. 

Anyways, I'm realy nerveous and afraid but let's just start with this one: Felucian Farm Boy(?

MATERIAL

feluciankid_zpsqarooewr.jpg

WIREFRAME

feluciankid2_zpsnqt1afeh.jpg

@@Kualan Thank you so much, I admire your work and I hope to recieve many tips and sugestions from an artist like you.

@@Cerez Thank you, for all your support :). I hope you like the final result.

And now, a little update. I'm avoiding the fingers since I'm scared of the results XD any advice will be great. Thanks all for your support, I'm feeling really inspired by it!

MATERIAL

feluciankid_zpsmjjld8pi.jpg

MATERIAL + WIRE

feluciankid2_zps9t86cuqq.jpg

Looking great so far. :)

I'm avoiding the fingers since I'm scared of the results XD any advice will be great.

I suggest you import any already released JKA model into Blender, and have a close look at how the hands have been formed. It should help you gain confidence, and give you ideas in how to approach it.

It's a little challenging, but it's not that difficult in truth. The difficulty mostly comes from having to form/align the fingers to the JKA skeletal bone positions. Lucky for you, there are not that many bones in the hand for the JKA skeleton. :)

I've found this video helpful in giving me confidence:

The same thing applies to weighting it, later: open a few already done models, and have a look at what's been done to them -- the best way to learn the quirks of it.

Luckxzs likes this

@@Cerez genius! thank you! I'm going to watch that right away!, the weighting process is not really hard for me I've learn about it from playing arround with values and such things, testing the mesh deformation later. Still I've never made a whole model, so I've never done the whole process myself! XD. Thanks for the tips friend!

The thing is, this reference just shows fingers coming out of the sleeves

front_zpsghgvzlhc.png

Cerez likes this

The thing is, this reference just shows fingers coming out of the sleeves

My advice would be to form the fingers in full, even if they have to be submerged in the mesh of the sleeves (covered by it). That way you'll get a nice, natural feel for the hand movement. But you *will* get some clipping of the sleeve with the lightsaber hilt the hand is holding. I don't think it's that much of a problem, though. About that much clipping is pretty standard in this game, and for the most part unavoidable.

I think a good idea would be to (partially) weight the part of the sleeve that corresponds to the finger movement to the finger bones, so that it moves when the hand closes -- like having a hoodie's sleeve over your hand.

Luckxzs likes this

Well while I'm working on the Felucian Farm boy, I also tried to rework on an old project "Nightsister #1", thing is I've been playing with tavion model and had a good result with it. But since I'm trying to do the whole thing myself, here are some screens of the custom model - ( Again avoiding hands & head now XD)

nightsister1_zpsgcwfbdsa.jpg

nightsister2_zpss7llz11x.jpg

nightsister3_zpszbiypbq9.jpg

I've been reading and studying anatomy as @@minilogoguy18 suggested, but since the refference is quite cartoonish I did my best. Future plans include UV Map these and texture, then export as obj and maybe compile using SoftImage.

yeyo JK, Cerez, SomaZ and 2 others like this